The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Saturday, January 1, 2011

The New Year

We celebrated the last day of 2010 with a tradition. It was low key and simple and involved four children.

We played Wii...

We ate a feast...
Chicken fingers, fries, and orange mac and cheese for the picky eaters...
A creamy shrimp soup with rice over puff pastry. With snap peas, parmesan bread, and coconut shrimp for those of us who like to try new things....


We played TOO MANY hours of Monopoly. Sorry to those of you who are Monopoly lovers. I just can't get in to it. Which is why I spent the majority of the game landing on this square...

And then we finished out the evening with fireworks.....

(It's a good thing we still have a hay bale on our front porch from October - because it makes the perfect place to sit and watch the show.)
We let Michael and Ashlynn put on the fireworks display. Because we are cool like that and are too lazy/scared of fire to do it ourselves.
Then we ran inside right at midnight to watch the ball drop. Or as Mason thought we said... to watch the BOMB drop. He didn't understand why every thing didn't blow up. Good times.
And so I just returned home after delivering the kiddos safely back to their Mother. We've got big plans today. Like chores. Which is why I am hiding to type this post. If you go near Kev on chore day - you will be busy for the rest of your life.
(I just wished on an eyelash that the Christmas trees will take themselves down)
Tonight is our New Year's dinner/appetizer party/wine and cheese tasting. It is something crazy that I cooked up for us to kick off the new year in style. It is also required to bring your New Year's resolutions. Because I am a goal kind of girl. And I need a list in my life. Except for I have a funny feeling that Kev's goals are going to go something like this:
1. Keep my hair super short.
2. Eat whatever Kim puts in front of me.
3. Ensure there are plenty of chores to do every.single.day!
Which is why I've written enough resolutions for the both of us.
And don't worry. I will be sharing them on here. It helps keep me in check.
I hope you all had a wonderful start to 2011! And I truly wish you all the best for the entire year!

No comments:

Post a Comment