The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Hairy Christmas

Fu Manchu, Horseshoe, Handlebar, Lampshade, Walrus, and Redneck.

Q: What do all these things have in common?

A: They are all types of mustaches.

Q: Why are mustaches an important part of Christmas?

A: Because it is just SO MUCH FUN!

I have long had a special place in my heart for a good mustache. Maybe it is that I grew up around them.. starting with my Gran. He rocked a beauty back in the 70's. And then there is my Dad, of course, whose ENTIRE face is covered with hair.

Much like myself these days.

Regardless, I love mustaches. They love me. And luckily Kev happened to see a "Top Holiday Gifts" tv show that suggested buying a pack of mustaches for your family to wear at Christmas dinner.

You don't have to tell us twice. Mustaches + Crazy Fun Family + Formal Christmas Dinner=


A PERFECT CHRISTMAS MEMORY!
Except for we couldn't wait until dinner. And had to open them as soon as we woke up. After all, I had challenged my brother to a hair growing contest and I had to ensure my victory.

We got enough for every one. Except for my Dad. Because, where on Earth would he put it?


Even my Mom joined in on the fun


The Hairy Newlyweds...
( Dave's "mustache" is nothing like the one he grew while in Iraq. Now that was a mustache fit for a king. And as soon as I find a picture I will prove it to you!)
The old married couple....
( Notice my mustache is gray. I had to match my roots)
These mustaches were endless entertainment. Especially for those of us that managed to keep it on the entire time we were opening gifts and eating breakfast.


They are a little itchy, ya know.

Or maybe you don't know because you haven't bought a pack of hairy mustaches from Amazon for your entire family to wear on Christmas.
But let me tell you that it was money well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment