The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Friday, January 28, 2011

Full Of Hummus

I just ate my weight in hummus. And I don't regret it one bit.

I love it so much.

I love it even more when I make it myself. It's my new favorite thing to do.

And it is SO easy. Which is why I planned it for tonight. I had a full day of work. An hour of Body Pump at the gym. And thirty minutes to make dinner.

That is for us to eat on time at eight.

Except for we hardly ever eat on time. No matter how organized I am.

Maybe it has something to do with me watching The Real Housewives while I cook. And it doesn't matter what version. I heart them all.

(Tonight was a re-run of the Beverly Hills reunion show)

Anyway, I had "The Staci Special" on the menu tonight. Which is otherwise known as a Boca burger/hummus/pizza. Staci just happens to be the person who gave me the recipe and so I thought it only fair to name it after her.

It starts with making the hummus. With garbanzo beans. Except for this little can decided to be sneaky and not only jumped in to my hands, but let me open it before I realized what I had just done.



Oh well, I can't have food going to waste. And I figured they wouldn't hurt anything. They are beans after all. So, they went in to the mix.

Along with four cloves of garlic and one can of ACTUAL garbanzo beans...


Kosher salt, pepper, and a 1/4 cup tahini. I put every thing in to the food processor and turned it on.


And I got the perfect consistency. And a delicious result. I'm sure there are a million ways to make hummus.... and a million fun things to add... but I just love it plain and simple.


And just to make sure that I loved it, I ate about 10 Wheat Thins loaded with it.
I had some muscles to feed.


Then I cooked up some Boca Burgers - easy eight minutes on the stove - and crumbled them up with a fork.


Now I usually put all of this goodness on a pita. But since we had some whole wheat tortillas that needed to be used up, I made more of a quesadilla instead of a "pizza".


I spread hummus on 1/2 of the tortilla. Then added the "burger". Then added some reduced fat feta cheese. And baked it at 375 on a crisper pan.


Once it looked cooked and crispy, I removed it from the oven and added chopped tomatoes, cucumber, and crushed red pepper.



I guess you could call it a Greek quesadilla.


It was very good and VERY filling.


Or maybe that was because I had already eaten so much hummus.


Hummus that I was hoping to have for a couple of days. But after making two more quesadillas for Kev's lunch, IT IS GONE. Every last bit.


It's a good thing I have the ingredients to make another batch.
And now I will leave you with an interesting quote that I came across yesterday...
"The greatest wealth is health" ~Virgil

No comments:

Post a Comment