The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Thursday, January 20, 2011

National Cheese Lovers Day!

Today is the day!! The day that I have been waiting for since the beginning of the year.

National Cheese Lovers Day!

Who in the world came up with such a thing?

Because I think they are awesome! Like totally.

You better believe I have special plans for dinner tonight. Because that is what I do best.

"Celebrating nonsense holidays" is what I like to call it.

Except I think that loving cheese is anything BUT nonsense. It is one of the greatest foods in the world.

I began this beautiful day ( the weather is fab) with my all time favorite breakfast.



Eggs over easy ( with super runny insides) on toast.

Unfortunately "super runny insides" doesn't sound that appealing now that I actually see it in print.

So, I will call them "dippy" eggs. I had never heard that word before. Until last week when I was telling a friend how much I love runny eggs. And she told me what they were really called.

Good to know.

Eggs on toast is a breakfast from my youth. So, basically it has been my favorite breakfast for 75 years.

I've got this breakfast down to a science. Two eggs. A little salt. A little pepper. A little more salt. Flip 'em over. And put them on top of your favorite toast.

I would LOVE to have some Great Harvest bread right now. But since we don't have one any where near us.... I have to settle for Ezekiel bread. My second favorite of all time.

IT.IS.SO.HEALTHY.

And makes you feel good when you eat it.

AND I have just recently discovered Ezekiel English Muffins.

It was like winning the lottery.

I use English Muffins for burger buns. So, I was able to buy a box and eat them for breakfast AND for lunch with my black bean burgers.

You gotta love some double timing bread.

On the side I have a Ruby Red Orange. Or at least that is what Kev's customer told him they were when he brought us a bag. And they are BY FAR the BEST oranges that I have ever had.

Partly because I haven't been able to eat oranges for the last ten years. Because of some annoying little problem called Reflux. I used to take meds that would help me through the day - but the meds were NEVER a match for oranges. And I would just feel miserable just thinking about eating one.

Nowadays, I am refusing medication and attempting to manage my issues with organic, healthy foods. As much as possible.

But these delights are not too acidic. And have a mild, sweet flavor that is seriously to die for. Plus I never realized how much fun it is to put an orange slice in your mouth and smile like a monkey.

I crack myself up every time.

After my delish breakfast, I went to the gym. To the 10:15 Pilates/Yoga class. My new favorite. And you will never guess who I ran in to! One of my favorite people of all times... Diane. Seeing and talking with her was the highlight of my day!

I left that class with a spring in my step, a smile on my face, and some sore butt cheeks.

I was off to run errands. But strangely enough, once I got to the other side of town and got a couple of random things accomplished... I felt the need for another gym class.

A spin class to be exact.

I know that sounds crazy. And maybe a little excessive. But it is a great class. And I love the teacher. And it is National Cheese Lovers Day after all.... and I figured I needed to start early on working off all the cheese I will consume tonight.

And on that note... I've got a dish to create. One that is probably going to take me a while. So, I better get to work. But I will be sure to tell you all about it later!

In the mean time... go eat some cheese!! It is time to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment