The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Monday, January 31, 2011

Eating Clean

Many of you have asked about my eating plans. And yes, I consider TWO people to be "many". So, I thought that I would give you a glimpse in to the eating habits of the Snyders.

It could get messy.

Which is why I will not be showing you any pictures of what I look like after finishing a meal.


Your welcome.

A couple of years ago I came across this magazine....


And I was intrigued.

You see, I have tried a MILLION diets ( Ick! Hate that word) and have been through my share of weight gain and weight loss.

My share PLUS one thousand.

I have done the following "diets"...

No carb.
Low carb.
Mediterranean.
Low calorie/Low fat.
Slimfast.
No dairy. ( probably the hardest... because that meant NO CHEESE)
And a ton of other ones that had fancy names that were based on one of the above.

Obviously, I failed at all of them. Because they were too stringent. Too restrictive. When you deprive yourself of something for too long... it usually pushes you over the edge. And then you start eating whatever you want and can't stop.

At least that is how it is for me.

I need balance in my life.

Which is why I was interested in the clean eating concept.

Clean eating is described as "consuming food in its most natural state... or as close to it as possible. It is not a diet, it is a lifestyle approach."

You can read more about it here.



I have been collecting these magazines for years. I even have a subscription now. The recipes are delicious and incredible. The stories are inspiring. The meal plans are easy to follow.

There was just one thing missing. The fitness part.

And so now that I have that down..... every thing is coming together.

The great thing is that once you start eating clean, you actually crave it over processed foods. Your taste buds change and real food tastes SO MUCH BETTER!

I mean... you see what we eat on a regular basis. I don't feel that we are deprived in any way!

I actually look forward to each meal. And I look forward to recreating our favorites in the healthiest way possible.

And as for Kev, he is pretty much a "go with the flow joe". Which makes him the perfect match for me.

A perfect match in so many ways.

But I also want to tell you that just because I am "eating clean"... it doesn't mean that I won't have a treat now and then. That's the thing about living a lifestyle and not being on a DIET... it is all about balance.

And happiness.

And living life.

Luciano Pavarotti once said..."One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating".

I couldn't agree more!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I too have tried WAY too many restrictive diets and they certainly don't last long before deprivation swings me too far in the other direction and I totally binge on what I've been missing. I will start taking this Clean Eating magazine much more seriously on your recommendation! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete