The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Saturday, March 19, 2011

I Prevailed

My day started off pretty good.  I got up.  Got dressed for the gym.  Made a green monster to drink on the way.  Left the house with a smile on my face.

And then total chaos ensued.

I realized about half way there (35 minute drive) that I had forgotten my water.  It is impossible for me to take a spin class without water.

I racked my brain trying to decide what to do.

I even checked under the seats to see if I had an old ( probably hot and gross) water bottle I could use. 

I was desperate.

I was driving behind a large dump truck that was going WAY under the speed limit.

I started getting the shakes.

I finally decided to stop at a gas station. 

I had no cash.

So, I bought three bottles just so I would be putting more that just a dollar on my credit card.

Sometimes I make no sense.

I finally made it to the gym.  To a FULL parking lot. 

It was a Friday morning at 9.  Does any one work anymore?

I grabbed the last spot.  And practically ran to the front door.

And then up the stairs and to the spin class room.

IT.WAS.PACKED!

And there was still 10 minutes to spare.

All the bikes were taken AND there were just people milling about the room hoping that someone would give up their bike.

Total chaos.

And then a fight broke out.  Between two women.  Over some one saved some one a bike and that wasn't fair....

And I ran for my life.

I ran in to my special hiding place.  The theater room.  And decided that I didn't really want to take a spin class anyway.  I needed to run.

Except for as soon as I started running, I realized that I was wearing the same outfit that I did for my last race.

So, my pants started to fall down.

And my sports bra was two sizes too big and had NO support.

I had dressed specifically to sit on a bike and ride.  No bouncing.  Or running.  Or jumping jacks.

At this point, all I wanted to do was quit and go home.  But I didn't.  I just held my pants up.  And had to stop THREE times to re-tie my shoes. 

Good thing it was so dark.

I ran and ellipticalled for an hour.  And then made it in to a Pilates class.  Which put me in to the super sore state that I am in now.

It seems that the gym is not emptying out any time soon.  In fact, it keeps getting busier and busier.  I've decided that it is better to have a Plan B for each class.  That way, I won't be so disappointed after driving all that way and then finding out that there is no room. 

And I need to get some workout clothes that fit.... for goodness sake.  That is my priority of the week!

On a positive note...

I made another batch of my new favorite nut butter/banana muffins.  Because I had to for our survival. 

We have grown quite enamored with these little delights.

And yes, I said "WE".  Kev likes them just as much.

But this time I made them with this nut butter....


Almond butter with roasted flaxseeds.  YUM! 

And I put a LOT more filling in to each muffin.  And made the muffins a little smaller. 

And ran out of batter to top all of the muffins because I was too focused on the filling.  So, some of them ended up "open faced".  Like this...

                                       

No worries, though.  It was still just as good.

And the perfect way to end a hectic morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment