The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cabbage and Corned Beef

That is something that we will NOT be having for dinner tonight. 

Kev is not a fan.  Actually, if you remember, he is not a fan of most Irish food.  Which makes it really hard on me to come up with the perfect St. Patrick's Day celebration menu.

( enter violins playing very sad, pitiful music)

But I think I did it this year.  By accident.  And I'm just about to head out to the Fresh Market to pick up my supplies.

But first I wanted to tell you about something else.

The fact that I suddenly have NO tolerance for caffeine.

NONE. 

And I am just as amazed and perplexed as you are that I went from practically eating tea bags and coffee granules by the shovel full.... to feeling miserable after only one sip.

Here is the proof:

I bought this as a "treat" yesterday.  Some time in between finishing up at the dentist and going to work.

The "treat" was because my dentist said that I received a A+ for taking care of my teeth.

A score that Kev claims is really for him because if it was up to me to maintain my oral hygeine - I would be a "mush mouth".  ( those were his exact words!)

It is not that I do not like brushing my teeth..... in the MORNING.  But I HATE brushing them at night for some reason.  It is just such a pain in my side.  When I am ready to go to bed... I am ready.  And I don't have time to go through all that trouble.

Kev makes me floss, too. 

Bedtime is very stressful.

Especially when I finish my "routine" in 3 seconds and have to lay in bed watching and listening to him brush his. 

I swear he sings while he does it.  There is just so much happiness coming out of his bathroom. 

I guess living with a good teeth cleaning role model isn't the worst thing I could be living with.

I mean I did get an A+ after all. 

But back to the point....  my treat.

I guess I was just missing the strong taste of unsweet tea.  So, I went to Starbucks.  Ordered the tea - in the smallest size possible - and let them make it the way they normally do.  Mixed with water.

( I used to request straight tea with NO water!  Talk about a strong drink!)

And I took one sip and immediately realized that it was not a good idea.  I didn't like the taste.  I didn't like the feeling it gave me.  In fact, after three sips, I started to get a headache. 

Who am I?

So, I brought the drink home and put it in my fridge because I didn't want to waste it. 

What has happened to me?

My sister will NEVER believe in a million years that I no longer have to drink a ton of tea in the morning to go from "monster" to Kim.

I wake up happy on my own.

Thank you cleanse!! ( I only have five more days!!)

And now I am off to grocery shop.  With a lot of fun recipes planned for the next couple of days.

Including a tea party for a good cause!! I can't wait!

I hope you are all enjoying the holiday so far!  And just so you know... you can NOT claim that you are wearing green underwear to prevent yourself from getting pinched!!

It doesn't count!

No comments:

Post a Comment