The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday Night Salmon

It has been a long week.

A week of rain and cold and rain.

I've never wanted it to be summer more in my life.

Just remind me of this day when I'm complaining of how hot it is in the summer.

I decided to make salmon. I guess you could say that I was inspired by all of the rain. Except for I planned our meal for this night weeks and weeks ago.

Which is why you can NEVER use "spontaneous" as a word to describe me.

I planned tonight's dinner because I thought it would be easy.

And EASY is the word I like to use to describe dinner after a long week.

The hardest part was cutting up all the vegetables.
Zucchini. Yellow squash. Red onion. Cherry tomatoes.

Plus six cloves of garlic. And a little (lot) of salt and pepper.

Toss it in some olive oil. And roast it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, I was defrosting a couple of salmon filets. I got them from the frozen seafood department at Publix.

And making some organic jasmine rice.


It is so good. And extremely fluffy.

Once the vegetables were roasted...I threw in the salmon. And a couple of lemon slices.

And then roasted for 15 minutes more.
And we had this...


The rice was great. The vegetables were flavorful. The salmon was.... Meh. We try so hard to like salmon... but I just can't seem to make it the right way. It just tasted like a piece of boring fish.
A piece of boring fish that is SO good for us.
Which means that I guess it is worth it in the long run.
Blah taste + healthy ingredients = it wasn't so bad.
Besides. We have a lot of work to do. No time to sit around and savor.
We are co-hosting a baby shower this weekend. And we have 7000 sausage balls to make.
Give or take 6950.





No comments:

Post a Comment