The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Long Day

I went to Greenville today. For work. And it was the first day I traveled while on "the cleanse".

Which is why I had a bag FULL of food with me.

My favorite oatmeal concoction.
An apple.
A banana.
A Lara bar.
Walnuts.
Green tea.
Water.

Just in case I got hungry. Or was stranded on the side of the road. Or was stuck in a blizzard.

I was covered. No matter what happened.

But my biggest concern was what to eat for lunch. Because it was a business lunch which means that I couldn't choose the place.

When did I become so high maintenance?

Oh yes, I remember. The day I was born.

I feel that I need to clarify that after March 22nd I will be back to normal. I am not planning to live my life in such a strict and ridiculous manner. It just wouldn't make any sense. Or be any fun. I am just being a stickler for thirty days in order to see the amazing results I am hoping for.

And then I will eat cornbread and cheese for 20 days straight. Maybe.

But back to lunch.... luckily we ended up going to Brixx. Which is one of my favorite places when I visit that area. And even though I love it because of their pizzas, I opted for a salad. A salad with grilled chicken, pine nuts, veggies, and dressing on the side. It was perfect. And filling.

And I was able to continue about my day in a focused manner.

Focused manner? I don't even know what that looks like when it comes to me.

And just in case you were wondering.... I DID stop by Trader Joe's after work. For my fix. Because it was necessary. And I stocked up on groceries for next week... for my trip to Raleigh. I going to stock the fridge in my hotel room with healthy foods so I don't need to eat out. My body and my company will thank me in the long run.

As far as my love for trying new restaurants and trying new food... well, I will just have to put it on hold for now. Even though there is a Cheesecake Factory right by where I will be staying.

The last time I went to Cheesecake Factory... I ordered TWO pieces of cheesecake. Because I couldn't decide which flavor I wanted the most.

I'm sure it got ugly. I can't remember because I was passed out from all the sugar and deliciousness.

But I'm sure my avocado hummus, almond butter, and seaweed snacks will comfort me in the same way.

Except for I won't get the sweats.

After I loaded my car with food, I started the drive home. And drove right on past the gym. I needed a rest. And a break. And some food.

And then comes the best part of the day. I had made dinner the night before. And all I had to do was stick it in the microwave when I got home.

I made a roasted veggie pasta bake.
I brushed some zucchini, eggplant, and onions with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. And then roasted them for twenty minutes.

I cooked some whole wheat pasta. Added some fresh tomatoes... Crushed red pepper ( of course)... and organic pizza sauce (leftover from pizza night).

And pepper jack cheese.

But only to Kev's.



And we both had a big salad.

It was O.K. Good but nothing special. It probably would have been better if I had added chicken. But it was light and flavorful. And easy to prepare as our lunches for the next day.


In fact, Kev is still eating on his. My idea to split the recipe in half didn't seem to work out quite right. He better hurry and finish it because I have a lot of recipes planned to make this weekend.
And wasting food gets my undies in a bunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment