The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Cleanse

We are all friends here. Right?

Good. Because I'm probably about to give you too much information.

But I figured since you are all reading about my journey to a healthier me ( and a lot of other ramblings that have nothing to do with being healthy) it was in your best interest to know this.

I've decided to do a thirty day cleanse. To clean out my organs. And to detoxify my body.

It just seemed like the right thing to do.

And I'm hoping it will cure my insomnia. And addiction to caffeine.

And according to all my research... there are a lot of other benefits, too.

I am planning to tell you all about them. If it all works as planned.

Out of fear, though, on how my body would react to such extreme measures.... I decided to start detoxing myself of caffeine a couple of days ago.

And I say detoxing... but I really mean.. cut back. A world without caffeine is a world I don't think I can survive in.

So far, so good. I have stopped drinking (eating?) coffee and am down to only using one family sized tea bag in my morning glass.

Tomorrow I will switch to green tea.

As far as the food goes... I will continue as I have been.... but will be a little more cautious and selective of what I eat. It is only for thirty days. I can do anything for thirty days.

Except ride a unicycle.

That contraption baffles me.

And for Kev... well, I will still be making the usual meals. So, he will be just fine.

I'm already looking forward to March 22nd. I plan to celebrate with jalapeno cheddar cornbread. That stuff is some serious celebratin' food.

So, I spent tonight prepping and preparing snacks. And lunches. And breakfasts. Because planning is the key. The key to making sure that I don't freak out mid day tomorrow and eat a handful or five of garlic croutons from the break area at work.

Snacks...

Breakfast.. ( for the next three mornings)

Whole grain rolled oats with unsweetened almond milk, banana, a drizzle of honey, a scoop of pumpkin, and a sprinkle of sea salt.

Lunch... I forgot to take a pic... but it is just a plain old simple PB&J. Except for it is almond butter with fresh blueberries on Ezekiel bread.
And our dinner will be leftovers from what we had tonight. Greek chicken souvlaki.
It is chicken cooked in red wine vinegar, olive oil, and thyme. Then placed on to a flatbread pita with tomatoes, red onions, feta cheese, and home made tzakiki sauce ( cucumber, dill, and greek yogurt)

And it was easily made in to the "cleanse" version. Mine was minus the flatbread and feta cheese. And plus romaine and spinach leaves.

I don't think tomorrow is going to be such a bad day after all.
Or the next 29 days after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment