The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Little Bites Of Love

I decided to start our Valentine's Day celebration last night.

With a tea party.

Minus the tea.

It is an obsession that I have. Eating little bites of food. On small plates. In a fun setting.

And, truth be told, I just really needed a reason to try these....


They are perfection. And extremely delicious. And addicting. My plan was to make them. Serve a couple. And then freeze the rest per her instructions.
The freezing part was supposed to be my way out from not eating so many.
Except for they haven't made it to the freezer yet. And they may not ever. Because I just sliced up some organic white cheddar cheese to put on top of the wafers..... and my eyes have officially rolled back inside my head.
The only change I made was to substitute Pepper Jack cheese in place of the cheddar. Because it has become a necessity to have a little bit of "kick" in every thing that I make. Except for there is not a lot of cheese to begin with in the recipe.... so, they are definitely not too hot for the calmer palette.
I am picturing these delights to be wonderful at a shower... baby or wedding. Both of which I will be attending quite frequently this year.
It is definitely a year of blessings! I am HEARTING 2011!
And then just because I can't let the cheddar wafers get all the attention.... I picked up some bite sized treats to try from Trader Joe's.
Who knew that frozen pre-packaged foods could be healthy. No additives. No preservatives. Just yumminess.
We had chicken dumplings....

Lemongrass Chicken Stix.... ( great lemony flavor!)



And a crowd favorite.. Spanakopita...



I also had some honey and fruit chicken salad in mini phyllo cups.
And since we only ate about two of each... ( except for the wafers)... it looks like I will be taking a couple of days off from cooking next week. Kev just informed me that our fridge is miserable because it's belly is so full.
And I haven't even started on our Valentine's meal for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment