The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Friday, April 8, 2011

A New Treat


I've fallen in love with a new treat.  And luckily it is much healthier than my beloved marshmallow pillow of goodness that I made back in January. 

It involves BROWN RICE.  
In crispy cereal form. 

And the rice tastes just as good - if not better- than it's famous white cousin.

Except it is healthier.  And has simple ingredients.
I bought this box of cereal with the plans to make some treats.  But then.. on a whim... decided to mix the rice with sea salt almond butter and honey.

It made the perfect dessert.  Sweet + almond butter + crunch.

And is filling enough that I only need one small bowl to satisfy my craving.

                                     
I use one cup cereal + a heaping tablespoon of almond butter + a drizzle of honey.  Then mix it all together.

I love it so much that I have started eating it as my morning pre work out snack.  It is the perfect way to start my day. 

Then this morning I happened to notice a recipe on the cereal box.  For peanut butter rice treats.  And it uses the same ingredients that I do.  As well as chopped nuts and vanilla extract.  And then suggests rolling them in to little balls.

And serving them to a crowd.

The perfect party food.  Especially if you add mini dark chocolate chips.

But for now I will just stick to my little bowl.  It is just safer that way.  At least until I have some one to share them with. 

Not that I would be able to share them.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment