The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Charcoal Chicken


Reason #1127 to hire a nanny for Kev.  He tends to run amuck at Lowes during the weekend.



I got home from work yesterday to find out that we were the proud owners of a charcoal grill. 

Some thing that Kev had been wanting for a while now.

And some thing that was necessary for us to continue our tradition of "Grill Night".

Kev takes his grilling just as seriously as I take my cooking.  :)

So, while Kev built his new toy.... I started on my part of the meal.

I went with my new favorite cookbook...
Grilling.  From Williams Sonoma. 

So far this cookbook has NOT disappointed!  And *spoiler alert* the BBQ chicken recipe I chose for the night was out of this world!

It had me making BBQ sauce from scratch.  Using these ingredients....

Plus a cup of beer. 

The sauce was very easy to put together.  And took about 30 minutes of simmering time to thicken up.
It was the perfect combination of sweet + spicy.

And I'm pretty sure that it will be my new go-to recipe for BBQ sauce.

That is after we have eaten our way through our massive collection of sauce that we seem to be hoarding in the pantry.

We happen to have a slight addiction to condiments and sauces.  And the collection that we received for Christmas is as valuable to me as a gold brick. 

I'm already having anxiety over the idea of running out.

Anyway, the night was perfect.  And even though it took a little while to get the grill up and running and actually grilling, I had such a fun time sitting outside and talking with Kev.

Not to mention how amazing every thing smelled.  I heart the smell of a charcoal grill!

Kev's masterpiece...
Our current "go-to" roasted veggie medley...
And Kev's serving of dinner......
We were starving by this point... can't you tell? 

I also roasted some red potatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper.  They made the perfect BBQ sauce dipper. 

Well, really anything would be a good dipper for the sauce.  Actually, to be honest, I could just eat it with a spoon.

Every single day.

So, it is a good thing that the recipe made so much.  I have plenty to eat over the next couple of weeks.


Grill Night has become my favorite night of the week!! I don't know how I ever lived without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment