The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mango Muffins


The perfect way to start a Sunday.

With delicious mango fruit.

I was lucky enough to get TWO for $1.00 at Publix last week.  And knew that it was imperative that I make the muffins that were showcased in the current issue of Clean Eating.

Yes.  I am STILL talking about the current issue.  Because it is just so awesome.

Mangoes are difficult to chop up.  At least, I think so.   And require a little more work than most fruits.  But every piece is worth it.  Because it is just that good.

The muffins were FULL of healthy goodness... including whole wheat flour, greek yogurt, almond milk, and agave nectar.

I threw in chia seeds for good measure.  And because I can't seem to get Kev trained to eat them
every day.  Chia seeds are my new favorite health food.  Even though I think they cause my hair to grow faster. 

                                            

Shaving is worse than pulling weeds. 

I need to hire someone to do that for me. 

Or wear a snowsuit for the rest of my life.

The batter for these muffins was thick.  And I mean THICK.  I was beginning to worry that they would be too dense.  And taste too "healthy".  But I filled the muffin cups the way I was told... and hoped for the best.

They baked in 20 minutes.

And turned out PERFECTLY. 

They were light.  And flavorful.  With just enough sweet to make them a delight.

Much different from the peanut butter/banana muffins I made.  These tasted like REAL muffins.  Except they were full of goodness.
                                         

I served them with a side of mango.  Because it was the right thing to do.

It made so many that we are able to have breakfast for the next two days.  I'm going to eat mine with yogurt tomorrow. 

Kev is going to eat his with a smile.

1 comment:

  1. Is the recipe online or easy enough for u to put on here? I'm always loving quick and easy breakfast/packable lunch ideas!
    Rebecca a

    ReplyDelete