The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Friday, April 1, 2011

Back In Business!

Sorry for the delay.  It has been quite the week.  Not to mention that I learned more than I ever needed to know about picture storage, gigabytes, and how "unfun" it is to have such cold weather in the SPRING!

But enough about that....

I have another grilling party to tell you about.

From last Saturday.

Little did we know it was going to rain pour.

Well, actually, Kev knew.  But he was hoping it would stop for long enough to get our dinner prepared.

It didn't.

But I was able to get a good picture using my new found photography techniques.  The "freezing water" option. 

 I took a million shots of the rain.  I am entertained so easily.

Meanwhile, my brave " I ain't afraid of no rain" husband suited up for a night in the back yard.

 And then preceded to entertain me while I was comfortably sitting in the kitchen.

With his "special" dance moves.
 Including tap dancing.  Where BOTH feet are off the ground!
 And Karate chopping the grill. 
 Another chop for good measure.  And to show the grill who is boss.
Let me just tell you that nothing beats a FREE show and a cooked meal that I didn't have to make.

Especially when it turns out like this.

 Holy YUM!

We went with the flank steak again.  It is really so delicious.  I marinated it in jalapeno peppers, cumin, olive oil, and chili pepper.  Then Kev put the chopped veggies ( red peppers, green pepper, onions) in the same marinade after the steak was put on the grill.

Perfectly grilled meat.

 I made a fresh salsa ( the recipe is the one that Chili's uses) and guacamole to go on top of every thing.

The fajitas were so filling.  In fact, we each only ate one and were stuffed.

Of course, that may or may not have been because we had each been sneaking "wedding donuts" all afternoon.

Those things are so addictive for heaven's sake.  I refuse to make them again until June.

And then I am going to go stay in a hotel until Kev finishes eating them.

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOOOO glad to have you back - thanks Kev. I missed not reading about your exciting meals and wonderful life!! Keep the stories coming! Sandi

    ReplyDelete