The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hippity Hoppity



Easter is on it's way...

You know it is almost Easter when:

1.  Your sink is piled SO high with dishes that you have at least three loads waiting to be washed.  And you have already run the dishwasher twice.

(Well, actually, that could be just about any day around here.)

2.  You have put a lot of thought in to what your husband is wearing tomorrow to church.  Even setting it aside and pointing it out to him just to make sure he understands.

It is necessary for us to coordinate.

3.  You have sampled enough jalapeno pepper macaroni and cheese to fill an Olympic sized swimming pool. 

It is the duty of the chef to ensure the food is suitable for serving to large groups of people.

4.  You have grated six BLOCKS of cheese for the dishes you are serving for Easter.

5.  You have made your husband "hunt" for his dinner every night this week.

6.  You are exhausted from an extremely busy week at work. 

Which has caused you to not blog as much.

7.  You are looking forward to spending a wonderful day with your family tomorrow.

8.  You made these sinful, ridiculous, treats because you were saving the recipe for a special day........


I kept the recipe as easy as possible.  And started with a boxed brownie mix.....

I followed the directions.  Added the fudge.  And spread in a 13x9 glass dish.
While the brownie layer baked, I melted the crunchy peanut butter and milk chocolate chips...
And then started unwrapping these...
One of my all time favorite treats....
One of the  best combinations of food.  Ever.
I sprinkled the chopped peanut butter cups on the brownie mix.  Baked for five minutes more.  And then spread the melted peanut butter and chocolate - mixed with Rice Krispies - on top.

After sitting in the fridge for two hours... they turned out like this..







They are a combination of fudge, brownie, Reese's peanut butter cup, and Rice Krispie treat.

Obnoxious.  If I do say so myself.

But worthy of a taste test.  Or three. 

And no, there is nothing clean or organic or healthy about them.

But they made me smile from ear to ear.

And  beg Kev to hide them from me for the rest of my life.

The brownies AND the mac and cheese.

The makings of an Easter feast.

In my fantasy world.

And for the record, I was just speaking hypothetically about numbers 1-5. 

Or was I?

I hope every one has a wonderful celebration tomorrow!!

Happy Easter!






No comments:

Post a Comment