The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Friday, September 30, 2011

It's Official!

We have our race bibs, tees, and time chips!


And I say "we" because my Dad and my sister, Bethany, are running tomorrow as well!  They are participating in the Disney's Halloween 5K.  At 7 a.m. in the morning.  Eeeek!


The race expo was held at Disney's Wide World of Sports ( which is where my half will begin tomorrow night).  We received all of our information... including shirts... and were even able to register Kev and Bethany to receive texts on my whereabouts during the race.

I thought that was so cool!! And pretty helpful considering there is VERY limited spectator viewing for my half as it will be held so late at night.  This way they can hang out at the house until I am getting closer to the finish... and then head up to watch the finale. 

Gotta love technology.

Even more so when I understand it.

My parents treated us to a celebratory pre-half marathon dinner at Giordano's.



 I have been dying to eat here ever since I read about it on an Orlando resident's blog.  They are famous for their deep dish Chicago-style pizza.  And since pizza just so happens to be my FAVORITE food... it was the perfect way to celebrate the race while carb loading at the same time.

My parents with my mysterious and mischievous sister...
 Me + Kev with my "up to no good" sister.... ( the same sister that is mysterious and mischievous)
 I am wearing my half marathon shirt from 2007.  I had never worn it before.. yet it has a small spaghetti stain on it.

So strange how that happens.

We started with a Greek salad that Kev and I shared...
The feta cheese was to.die.for.  Seriously, the best I have ever eaten.  And I felt it was important to eat some fresh veggies before I dug in to this... Tomato + basil bread...
 And this.....
We got the spinach stuffed pizza and the tropical stuffed pizza and shared them as a group. 
I have NEVER had anything like it before.  It was truly out of this world!!  My Dad even made the comment that he loved that you have to actually CHEW the cheese.  It was just that thick and stringy.  The crust was crispy and thick... but NOT greasy!  The sauce was perfection.

In case you haven't figured it out... we all LOVED it.  It was one of those memorable meals that I live for.  And what a perfect way to celebrate a little early.

At this point, I can't even think of anything else to say.  My mind is blank.  I am truly SO exhausted from every thing this week and all of the excitement and driving and eating cheese.   We are getting up at 5:30am to start the day.  Including watching the 5K race and attending the food and wine festival. 

I hope I'm not too excited to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment