1. I completed the race. The Disney half marathon. January 6, 2007. My 12th wedding anniversary.
1. I had no clue what I was doing.
2. I was wearing more clothes than a man wearing sixteen jackets. And that is the truth!
3. It was 80 degrees. And I was wearing more clothes than a woman wearing sixteen jackets.
4. I had on TWO pairs of pants. Not running tights. Not shorts. But PANTS.
5. I was wearing a FANNY PACK! Full of more nonsense than you would find at a flea market.
6. Sometimes I would get tired of it hanging off of my front... so, I would spin it around to the back.
7. It was my hump. My hump. My lovely lady lump.
8. I didn't fuel properly.
9. I drank WAY too much water before the race started. I ended up in a port-a-potty around mile three. It hurt my mojo.
10. I didn't drink at all WHILE I was running....for fear of having to go to the bathroom again. And I get nervous navigating water stations. ( don't ask)
11. I didn't train properly.
12. I didn't work out at all for a couple of months prior.
13. I didn't work out again for 3 1/2 years after the race.
14. It took me 3 hours and 21 minutes to cross the finish line.
AND THE REST OF THE GOOD:
1. I had an incredible time!
2. It was a fantastic, rewarding experience.
3. I tear up every time I think of my family cheering me on.
4. I crossed the finish line - even if it took me 3 hours and 21 minutes.
5. I have the AWESOME picture above to remind me of my experience. heh. heh.
Next week, at this time, I will be running in my second half marathon. I am stronger. I am healthier. I am more prepared. I am stoked!
I definitely plan to fuel properly. I definitely plan to think positive. I definitely plan to improve my time.
And I definitely plan to have the most excellent adventure!
Especially because I will not be toting a fanny pack! <== what the heck was I thinking!?