The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Nerd Alert!

Thank you, Laura, for the title!  :)

I'm sure you are wondering what our trip was all about.   I mean.. it is not every day ( or year even) that we actually get out of the house and go do something.  

It must be a pretty big deal.

An "over 30,000 attendees BIG DEAL"!

And if you consider movies, television, celebrities, costumes, parades, more television, references to our childhoods, pop culture, and more celebrities... a big deal... then you should have come with us!

IT.WAS.AWESOME!

At least for nerds like us.

It was a convention.  A HUGE convention.  That showcased just about every thing that we love. 

It is held in downtown Atlanta amongst five hotels.  Five HUGE hotels with 30,000 plus ( it felt like a million) people = insanity.

There are non-stop activities, contests, meet and greets, discussions, classes, shopping, and just about anything else you can think of.  Including the "walk of fame" that was in the hotel that we were staying in. 

Has anyone seen Loni Anderson lately?  She looks absolutely incredible!

Oh... and the cast members of Harry Potter and True Blood...so friendly and down to Earth.

Kev even brushed shoulders with Pam from True Blood while we were in the hallway.  He was oblivious... I WAS ECSTATIC!!

I want to be Pam when I grow up. 

Back To The Future, Incredible Hulk, WKRP in Cincinnati, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and just about every Sci Fi show was represented.

Even Sharktopus.

It was a haven for film and tv geeks like us.

Even if we did try to be "cool" and blend in... meaning that we did not go in costume. 

Which ended up making us "uncool".

The costumes we saw were not just your run of the mill online purchase... they were detailed.  They were handmade.  The people that wore them stayed in character the entire time.

I was blown away.

And felt the need to tell people that I was a character from the hillbilly reality show named "Gaston, SC"....just so I would fit in.

And that's where my flip flops came in handy.

Here are a couple of my favorites....

My hero, Wyatt Earp.

He called me "Ma'am".  Tipped his hat.  And made me wish I was a saloon girl.

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE men from the Wild West?

I promptly told Kev that he MUST acquire a duster coat in the near future for our relationship's success.  

He then reminded me that he has one.  And I remembered that that is probably one of the reasons that we first fell in love.  Because he was leaning up against his red 260Z with his duster jacket ( aka TRENCH COAT) blowing up in the breeze.

Those were the days.

And then there is my childhood hero.....
Who knew that her son was Captain America?

And her husband was Space Ghost?

Regardless, she looked incredible.  I LOVE Wonder Woman with all of my heart and soul.  I only dressed up as her for Halloween seventy-seven times.  I never looked liked that gorgeous lady in the picture, though.

Would it be weird if I showed up for work tomorrow in this outfit?

I could be the "Aging (Un)gracefully Wonder Woman".

That has a nice ring to it.

And then there is my Superhero heartthrob.....





WOLVERINE!!

I sure could use him in the kitchen! 

Because I'm sure he could chop a lot of veggies pretty quickly.

I've always loved Superheroes.  Mainly because of the Super Friends ( best Saturday morning cartoon) ... but I've fallen in love with the X-men.  Specifically Wolverine.

I mean... how could you not?

Should I stop typing now?  I have a feeling that I am freaking some people out?  :)

I'm more of a nerd than I would like to admit. 

I blame it on my Dad for introducing me to Star Trek at an early age.

And the fact that I grew up wanting to be Princess Leia.

Did I mention that I got to see Carrie Fisher??

Because I did.  And it was pretty awesome.

And now for Kev's hero.....

I forced him to get this picture.

Even though he pretty much is in love with cookies.

Don't worry... he has other pics.

All of which I forced him to take.

They are awesome.


Getting away for a weekend and living in a fantasy world is... PRICELESS.


Even if my feet are covered in blisters and I'm exhausted beyond belief.


Getting to see Elvira was totally worth it.


And just know that I'm not done yet.... still more pics and recap to come.....




1 comment:

  1. First of all, I am so excited that you two actually had a vacation together, and had so much fun!! Second of all, I am so excited that you finally got to actually meet Wonder Woman after you dressed up like her for so many Halloweens!! Cool!! And Kev is definitely the original Cookie Monster, so what better picture to have of him??!! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete