The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Friday, May 29, 2009

Packed and Ready To Go?

Here is the sitch.. folks! See, I've got this amazing brother. Dave. He is a Marine stationed in San Diego. But basically lives in Iraq. Don't even get me started about that. This is not the time or place for me to get riled up.



This IS the time and place, however, for me to scream from the highest mountain ( or ant hill... it is flat out here in the country) that my bro is coming home in June. I haven't seen him in about a year. And even then, he was handcuffed to my Mother. Because that is the Switzer creed. If you choose to live far away from your Mom then you have to be cuffed to her upon your visit home. That is why I stay so close. I hate hand cuffs. They give my wrists blisters.



But here is the point of my post...... Not only is he coming home in June. But he has requested a Switzer family reunion at the beach. And he has done everything in his power to ensure that we could all be there. Together... just like old times.



And I don't think Pawley's Island will ever be the same again.



It will be like a Sunday dinner times 14. Because that is how many meals we will be eating together. Not to mention the constant mayhem, looting, bra burning, and shenanigans that will take place during the week.



I am doing my very best to plan, organize, schedule, and create the best Switzer reunion ever. Except for this will be the very first one. So, I don't have an expectation to live up to which means that just about anything that I do will be good. I LOVE situations like this.



Kev has already finished packing. He has purchased only the necessities for this trip.


Head phones. To tune out the squealing, sneezing, and constant "women folk" voices. He hates loud noises.





A dominoes set... otherwise known as "bones". For the guys to play when they need sanctuary from the girls.



And the ultimate party tent. For hot chicks. I guess that means that I will be sitting under this tent.


And I think that I just realized his plan. He puts up a tent for the "hot chicks" knowing that we would all fight to get under it. Then the guys can go play "bones" in peace. Without having to wear the head phones.
Kev is an evil mastermind of trickery. A sweet, cute, and loving evil mastermind.
Words cannot express how much I am looking forward to this trip. And I will do my best to share every highlight ( and maybe even some embarrassing "low lights") to the best of my ability.








No comments:

Post a Comment