The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Favorite Things - Special Edition.

My favorite thing is obvious this week. No doubt in my mind. No question about it. And it is SO important that I will devote an entire post about it.



MY FREEDOM.



Now I may not have the freedom to eat a meal without wearing a bib or paint my toenails directly on the wood floor or go a day without showering or touch the remote without washing my hands.



BUT I do have the freedom to LIVE in this country. The key word being LIVE. LIVE life to it's fullest. And for that I am so thankful.


And I owe that to the incredible men and women of the MILITARY.



So, actually my favorite thing this week is the MILITARY.



I spend so much time trying NOT to think about everything going on in this world. It just flat out makes me angry. I HATE war and I HATE that so many people have lost so much over war - past and present.



But if you talk to these soldiers.....

And this Marine......

They will assure you that they are doing what they are meant to be doing and what they signed up to do. And they take it very seriously.



I read an article the night before Memorial Day. An article that really hit home with me. And spent Memorial Day remembering all of the men and women who have sacrificed their lives for my freedom. Because that is really what Memorial Day is all about. And I truly appreciate every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment