The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Shannon + Randy

There are two things that you need to know about me.


#1.  I am SO incredibly sore right now and have been since my boxing class on Wednesday.  It was ridiculous for me to think that I could participate in such a hard class after hardly working out at all over the past couple of weeks.  Not to mention that I have worked several long days in a row... in high heels.  My legs are miserable.  I MUST get back to a routine soon!  Or invent a pair of pants that could double as a permanent ice bath.

But that would probably leak.  And make weird noises when I walked.  So, nevermind.

#2.  I have a LONG way to go as far as my photography skills.  But you probably already knew that.  I had this great idea for the wedding.... to just snap away like the pros.... and get lots of fun, candid pics that are hard to capture when people are posing. 

Um.  Well, that didn't work so well.  Instead we ended up with a million pics of randomness... and five pics of ok stuff.  Maybe it was all the constant lighting changes?  Maybe it was a shaky hand?  Maybe it was the weirdo in the black and white dress that doesn't know how to take to take pictures.

For the record... I wore a black and white dress.

Regardless, the wedding is done.  The pictures are done.  It is what it is.  Just don't ever ask me to be your photographer if you have high expectations.  Or ANY expectations at all.. for that matter.

As for the wedding...

The whole process and experience was so much fun!  It was just a laid back, down to earth, kick back and get comfortable, nobody cares if you spill food on your dress, kind of wedding.

Except for I didn't get "laid back" until AFTER the bride was ready.

I was responsible for the hair and makeup... ( stop laughing!)... and I may have taken it a little too seriously.  In fact, I was the ONLY one that was even stressed.  I've never seen a more calm bride.  She was just so happy to be getting married... so what if mascara is smudged on her face ( I was shaking... I had a LOT of caffeine).. so what if a huge chunk of hair was missing because I was frantically and violently yanking the curling iron around her head... ( ok - there really wasn't any hair missing... but there could have been) so what if I poked my niece in the eye and then told her to be quiet and stop whining about it.

Just in case you were wondering..... I'm a delight under pressure.

But every thing just had a way of coming together.  Every thing went so smoothly.  Every one did a great job.  Even 3 month old Abigail ( a bridesmaid) was as silent and calm as a feather while being pulled down the aisle in a wagon by her big brother.  And actually she stayed so happy throughout the entire evening.  Clearly, I need to take some lessons from her.  Or start drinking her formula...

After the ceremony, all of the guys..starting with Randy... donned sunglasses and picked up their fishing poles as they walked back down the aisle.  It was in honor of Randy... as he is a competitive fisherman... and pretty much spends every second he is not working on a boat on the lake.

My family... with kids and spouses...

Just the eight of us...
One of my favorite pictures......

Driving off in to the sunset..... (yes, this is what cars look like in Chapin!)
Then we got to the reception.

It was held on Shannon and Randy's property.... the new go-to place for events.  They have so much space and a building in the back yard that is perfect for parties... and storing fishing equipment.

Randy cooked some BBQ and we served it up with all kinds of sides.. like cheese.  And fruit.  And spinach dip.  And mini quiches.

It was the perfect spread of randomness and delight.  I ate so much that I am still full to this day... one week later.

Nothing is as classy as tailgating at a wedding reception....


Yes, that would be Kev.  Always prepared for a party.  Even with a comfy change of clothes.

The cake was AH-MAZING!!  My fave!! From Publix.  I would totally get married again just to get a cake from there.  Married again..... to Kev, of course.  And actually I can just go to Publix anytime and buy a cake.. or just a slice, for that matter.  So, scratch the getting married again.  It is too much work.




And that, my friends, was the LAST picture that I took.  Because my camera card was full.  And we totally forgot to do a toast, throw the bouquet, toss the garter, and I'm sure a million other things because we were just having so much fun.

I also didn't get a picture of the band..... who was fabulous! They played the best music and entertained us until midnight.  I even got up to dance... TWICE!! Which I NEVER do.. mainly because I can't dance a lick.  Thank goodness I had Kev to lead me.  And Bethany to teach me some moves. 

Shannon and Randy were thrilled with EVERYTHING!! They had such an amazing time and are SO happy to be married!! It was truly a great experience!!
And now I just need for my family to settle down a little bit.... maybe take next year easy... and give me some time to recuperate.  :) 

Except for a family as big as ours.... I don't think "settling down" is an option. 

And, now that I think about it.... I'm O.K. with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment