The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Normal

Things are FINALLY starting to come together.  My life is slowly but surely getting back on track.

I'm sure you all are relieved.  :)

Today was the first day since I started my new job that I didn't go in early and/or stay late.

Mainly because my extra long "to-do" list is getting shorter and shorter by the minute.  Thanks to a VERY sweet friend that came in from Charleston to help me get my store in order.  It's not that I couldn't do it myself.... but two people are ALWAYS better than one ( unless you are on a single person raft on a waterslide) and she made the exact same transition that I did last August.  So, she has been there... done that and was able to offer some expertise.

And she also had a label maker. 

I believe she was also the first non-family person to stay in our house.

Which meant that we had to be on our very best behavior.  Luckily, we worked so much that she never got a chance to meet Kev. 

Crisis averted.

In fact, I have known her for over eight years.  And she has yet to meet the elusive man/guy/boy that I call my husband. 

He is sneaky like that.

And a recluse.

Regardless, we got so much done.  And I am feeling so much better.  And I can't thank her enough for all of her help.

Because of it, I was able to leave work ON TIME.  And I was able to go to the gym!!! ( I've missed it so much!)  I was able to run a little...( I do have a half marathon coming up soon.  One that I have done NO training for.)  And I was able to cook/kind of burn (by accident) dinner.  And I was able to make our lunches for the next two days.  Oh.. and I made Kev's dinner for tomorrow night.  Cleaned the kitchen.  Cleaned myself. 

And now I'm blogging.

It feels great to have a normal day.  :)

Now if I can just detox off of caffeine again.  Then I would be all set.

So, I realized this evening that I still have some recapping to do about the "wedding weekend".  About the event that took place the day after the wedding.

A baby shower.  For Holly and Kris AND Dave and Laura.

The shower was a couple's shower and was hosted at my parent's house.  We invited friends, church people, and family... which worked out great since they were all already here for the wedding.

Holly and Kris are having a BOY!

And Dave and Laura are having a GIRL!

I feel the need to apologize to every one that was hoping to see baby bumps.  Both moms-to-be have ways of hiding them... especially for the cameras.  Or maybe it is because I chose to only take a couple of pictures of them sitting down and failed to get any of real value.

It's because I was responsible for writing down the gifts.  At least that is the excuse I'm going to use. 

Once I picked up that pen... it was all over for my camera.

Both couples received the most generous and incredible gifts.  It was so much fun to see all of the things that my niece and nephew are going to be using or wearing.

Of course, Kev thinks all the things that a baby needs these days is ridiculous.

But then I'm sure people would say the same about our "needs" with food, cooking equipment, plants, and all things work out related.

My Mom had two cakes made.  One for Baby Craighead....
And one for Caroline Ruth...
I ate more than was necessary of the vanilla cake.  And then I ate some more.  The icing was scrumptious. 

Three days of cake.  And banana pudding.  And cheese.  And every thing else that you could possibly think there would be at a rehearsal dinner, a cookout, a wedding reception, and a baby shower.

It was worth every bite, though. 

Even if I did reverse every thing that the Spring detox/cleanse did to my body.

Hello Pepcid.  You have NOT been missed.

Not to worry though.... I will be back in the game soon enough. 

As long as I can get to Trader Joe's some time in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment