The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Night Before The Event


And all through the house....

Not a creature was stirring...

Not even a mouse.

Except I feel I should be honest.  There is a frog on the loose.

Even though he is outside.

Our BELOVED Froggles has returned from his winter slumber.

And is here just in time to welcome our guests.

Other things that are here to welcome our guests...

Our massive plant collection.  ( It is out of control!!)

And a (semi) clean house.

I have never claimed to be a good housekeeper.

I save all my energy for my workplace.

It is a good thing that it is just family coming over.

They will still love me any way.  Right?

We have food.  And drink.  And clean sheets.  And entertainment.

And air conditioning.

I think we are all set.

I'm looking forward to this weekend!!

It will NOT disappoint!!

Stay tuned for family, food, and fun.

But before I let you go... I must tell you about what we had for dinner.

Because it was pretty good.

It was from Chipotle.

The restaurant named after my favorite pepper.

It is pretty much next door to my workplace.

And it has been begging me to come in and try it.

A day like today was perfect... because I had a million things to do tonight and I had NO time to cook.

It was good.  Like healthy good.  It is kind of  hard to explain because it is not your usual "covered in cheese" "smothered in grease" kind of Mexican place.

Instead it is organic, local, and fresh. 

Which makes my skirt fly up.

You can read all about it here.

Kev got a steak burrito.  I got the "special" which was grilled chicken, cilantro lime rice, corn salsa, and pico de gallo.  With a side of guacamole.

It was delish.  And the guacamole was YUM.

It was a perfect meal for a busy night.

With plenty of leftovers. 

And now I'm off to get some sleep.  I need all the rest I can get.

This weekend is gonna get crazy!!


1 comment: