The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm Back!


....to my old self.  Completely and officially.

And with lots of random information.

The perfect way to spend a Friday.

Unless you actually have exciting plans.  Of which.. I do not.  And therefore my random Friday was pretty perfect.

It all started with an "a-ha" moment that I had yesterday.  A moment that reminded me that I have ONLY been at my new job for ONE month.

Just ONE month, folks.

It feels like it has been six.

In one month, I have successfully re-organized and cleaned the store from top to bottom, I have hired six people - two of which are managers, I have started claiming my new place as my own.

I would say that it has been pretty successful.  Even if it took me eleventy billion hours to do it.

My point is that I have been running around like a chicken without a head and feeling like there wasn't enough time in the day.... and I've actually accomplished a lot in a small amount of time.

Especially since my first week I was in Georgia in training.

So, for three weeks in my store.. I would say that is not too shabby.

And I'm sure that Kev is thankful that I have finally come to that realization.

I literally put my life on hold for this job.  It is my spastic OCD behavior that causes me to do things like that.

My realization has caused me to take a relaxing breath.

And re-focus on myself and Kev.

(You can't see Kev right now ... but he is jumping for joy!)

Today was my first REAL day off.  I mean.. I was off last Wednesday but I was reading training book after training book and spending more time on "work" than on myself.

Today, I chose to focus on me.

Which meant that I started it out by going to boxing class. 

Fight Club University has become quite the place to be.  They are offering SO many different classes and have upped their game in terms of training.  Believe me.. it is intense.  And gets worse more intense with every class.  The limit of people per class is six.  And today they had two classes overlapping each other... not to mention the multiple boxers being trained one-on-one. 

I pretended I was Hilary Swank in Million Dollar Baby. 

Even if I looked like Gumby when I box.

I actually had sweat dripping off my eyelashes by the time I was finished.  And then my coach/instructor/boxer/drill sergeant offered me the entire gym in case I wanted to continue my training for the day. 

Um.  No thank you.  I was two seconds short of collapsing. 

So, naturally I went to the car and took I -phone pictures of myself to send to Kev to show him how sweaty I was.

He needed a good laugh.

And I was successful in giving it to him.

The rest of my day was spent running errands and doing chores.

Basically, catching up on life.

I won't bore you with all the details.... but scrubbing my fridge from top to bottom and re-organizing it's contents was part of my day.

It made me feel so much better. 

And when I called Kev to recap my day.... (because he is ALWAYS dying to know every detail of what I do... NOT!) his response was "You are back!!"

And I smiled so big that all of the wildlife fled for their lives having never seen chompers as gigantic as mine.

Then I passed out from delight when I realized that the herbs I had purchased for Kev "the plant whisperer" had grown to insane heights... 
 Look at all that goodness.  The basil has grown so tall that I'm sure there are treasures and a giant waiting at the top.

(That is a Jack and the Beanstalk reference... just in case you didn't know)

I mean.. I feel like it was just the other day when I was bringing home tiny little sprigs of herbs and asking Kev if he could make them grow.

I've been researching basil recipes for an hour.  It looks like basil is going to be the theme of summer.

Yay!

And I am currently roasting some blue (or purple?)  potatoes in the oven... potatoes with chopped rosemary.

I am so happy that I let rosemary in to my life.  We have such a great relationship.

Having my own herb garden has exceeded my expectations of joy. 

There is nothing like walking in to the sunroom and taking whatever herbs I need for my meal.

And speaking of meals....

Tonight's meal will include this...
It is straight out of my gift  bag sent from Heaven.  Part of getting back to normal means that I have planned an entire month's meals... most of which include something new and fun. 

I cannot wait to taste this salsa.  My mouth is watering as I type this.

Lucky for me it is time to make dinner. 

And lucky for you this random rambling post is over.

Hope you have a great Friday night!





No comments:

Post a Comment