The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day




Mother's Day turned out pretty similar to Easter. 

Church.  And then every one meeting in Chapin at the Bundrick "ranch". 

We have SO much to celebrate this year!   I have two new momma's in my family.  And I couldn't be happier.

The Mother's Day celebration included Randy's family, our family, and Kev's family.

And once again, I failed to get pictures of every one.  Even though I was WEARING  the camera around my neck. 

 I start off good.  And then get mesmerized by food.

Darn that food!

But, for goodness sake, it was good.

Anyhoo.......

Here is my Mom, Shannon and her five children, and me.
Look at this sweet pumpkin.  She is up to 9lbs 5oz!!  At two months old she weighs the exact same that my brother did when he was born.  WOW!
The spread of food was insane. 
Randy grilled some chicken in a delicious mustard sauce.  And every one else supplied the sides.

We brought grilled veggies, Polynesian potatoes, and THE CAKE OF GLORY!

The Polynesian potatoes are actually from the Disney's Polynesian Hotel.  We loved them so much when we tried them that it was imperative that I got the recipe. 

They taste just as good in Chapin as they did in Orlando.  Cheesy, buttery, creamy goodness.  Perfection!

The guys after lunch......  I love to capture pictures of them "hanging out".  What in tarnation do guys talk about for so long?



I'm sure it was epic.

And now for the cake.  The chocolate chip pound cake.  The cake that has rocked my world 24/7.  The cake that I CAN'T.STOP.EATING!

It reminds me of a glorious cake that my Cousin Carrie makes.  With Hershey's syrup and cool whip. 

I dream of that cake often. 

And I think that I have just fulfilled my dreams.

I got the recipe from a friend of a friend.  I honestly do not know who to credit.  But just know that I did NOT create this recipe.

But if I did I would probably be famous.  I'm just sayin'.
After the "cake fail'.... I decided to make another one. 

Even though I am not a good baker, I was determined to master it. 

And I did.

The key is patience.

And the recipe is:

1  box yellow cake mix
3.9 oz. instant chocolate pudding mix
1/4 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips ( or more if your hand slips)

Mix every thing together - except chocolate chips- in a mixer until smooth.

Then stir in chocolate chips.

Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.  Pour the mixture inside.  Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

Cake is ready when toothpick comes out clean.

But that doesn't mean that it is safe to get the cake out of the pan.  PLEASE LET IT COOL.  Or you will end up with a mess.  Even though it is a pretty good mess.  :)

It is so easy.  And worth your time.  Coming from a non chocolate lover that can give or take a piece of cake... I cannot stay away!

And next time I make it, I plan to serve some Hershey's syrup/cool whip mixture on the side.  Or coffee ice cream.  Or just a glass of milk.

                                               

It was such a fun day!!  Shannon and Randy were excellent hosts as usual.  And we spent the majority of the day hanging out with them.

We hope that all you Mothers had a wonderful day!!! You definitely deserve it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment