The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Grill Professor

I took a class on Friday night.

From the ultimate "Grill Professor".

Otherwise known as Kev.

Our weekly grill night had to be changed due to the fact that I had to work tonight.

So, considering that Kev's Friday nights are pretty busy.... I volunteered to grill the meal.

Except for the fact that I am afraid of the grill and have no clue how to cook anything on it.

Which makes it even more ridiculous that I chose to grill lamb.  LAMB.

Something I have never made.  Ever.

But I was determined.

Until I went grocery shopping today and discovered that not only is lamb expensive... but it is hard to find the healthy cut of meat.  

I opted for flank steak instead.

You can never go wrong with that.

Kev hooked up the propane tank.  Something that we mutually decided he should ALWAYS do for the sake of our house and our lives.

Then he gave me all kinds of lessons.  

But most importantly I learned that I am a grumpy student.

I can't help it.  I don't like not knowing how to do things.  

But once I got the flipping technique down.  And stopped "dropping and rolling" every time he lifted the lid...

All was well with the world.

He ended up helping me more than I think he planned to.  But hopefully I will get the hang of it soon.

Because I would LOVE to grill the majority of our meals this summer.

As long as he handles the tank, of course.

I went ahead and grilled some veggies for Mother's Day.  It is part of what I am taking to dinner at Shannon's.




And then started on dinner....

Fresh "Farmer's Market" beans...
 Flank steak and Greek potatoes....
The Greek potatoes were DELISH.  Almost as good as Grecian Gardens.  Which are my favorite.  They tasted very similar but didn't have the extra sauce that I am used to.

I will have to work on that.

And the steak.... well, it was incredible!  As usual.  Maybe even a little better since I actually grilled it.  Even though Kev was supervising the entire time.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment