The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Famished



I just INHALED my two over easy eggs and toast.

And INHALED is an understatement.

In fact, I don't even remember what it tasted like.  It is a good thing I eat it every day so I don't feel like I am missing out.

I blame my ultimate hunger on my workout this morning.

BOXING!

I happen to have a love/hate relationship with it.

I LOVE it because it is just so much fun!  And such a great workout!  And something different from my normal routine.

I HATE it because it is SO hard (to me!) and completely drains me of my sanity.

Not that I had much left to begin with.

I burned 900 calories today.  NINE HUNDRED.

And my instructor says he is working on a 1000 calorie burn for next time.

That news caused me to start sucking my thumb.  And cry for my lovie.

And then I signed up for 15 more classes.

Because I need boxing in my life.

I've learned that I can't live without it.

The problem is that I haven't learned to manage my calorie intake based on my workouts.  What works for me on a regular ole day of work does NOT work for me when I am burning 900 calories in one hour.

So, my brown rice cereal with one scoop of peanut butter and one scoop of honey was like eating one sunflower seed for a meal and hoping to make it through the morning.

Impossible!

It was all I could do to finish my errands and get home for some eggs and toast. 

I don't like that feeling one single bit.

And I have officially learned my lesson.

In fact... I was planning this post to tell you all about some snacks that I purchased recently.  And realized that if I had had these snacks with me today I would have felt so much better.


Individual packets of organic peanut butter, organic hummus, and salted almonds.

I came across them at World Market. 

And immediately thought they were the PERFECT snack for travelling. 

If you remember, last time that I went to Raleigh I packed an ice chest.  An ice chest to house my home made hummus and opened jar of peanut butter. 

It was big, annoying, and leaked.

These packets don't have to be refrigerated!!  And are already in individual servings.

Grab some carrots and apples and you are good to go.

Or, if you are like me, you can just squirt the peanut butter directly in your mouth.

Just make sure you are alone.

I will be throwing a couple of these in my gym bag.  For emergencies.

And will hopefully be able to continue about my day without biting chunks out of my steering wheel.

Now I am off to ice my shoulders and chest... It seems that "dropping and giving 20 pushups" (on my toes) in between walking lunges, squats, and punching the heck out of a bag... over and over and over...has caused me to be in a little pain. 

I might not even be able to pull weeds this week.

Or fold my laundry and put it away.

Or floss my teeth.

I guess that is the price I have to pay to be a boxer.  :)

It's a tough job but someone has to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment