The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Little Sweet Pea....Lillian Marie

Let me just start by asking you if you remember this beautiful lady......


She is my cousin.... Angela Gallup. She lives at the beach. She got me in to the world of blogging. She taught me how to make the most delicious tomato basil sandwiches. She is the most amazing person. She is married to Clay... and together they have the most incredible relationship that receives much admiration and respect. By all.

It is always necessary to use the word "most" a bunch when you are telling people about Angela and Clay. Because you can put that word in front of just about every good adjective and it fits.

It also works in front of adjectives describing me. Except for they don't turn out as nice. Like... "Kim is the most craziest person I know". And "Kim sweats the most".

Anyway, let me just reiterate how much I love them. And I love this beautiful picture of her at 9 months pregnant and ready to deliver.

And I impatiently waited ALL DAY on September 3rd, 2009 for their sweet baby girl to be born. And she finally was.... around 6pm. And her name is Lillian Marie. And I am officially in love.

We had the pleasure of visiting them a couple of weeks ago. And let me just tell you right now that holding this incredibly precious baby in my arms gave me so much happiness. So much joy. So much thankfulness. And so much peace.

Here is the beautiful, wonderful mother... Angela



And my mother... Suzanne



My sister Kristen....




And me......
I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Until she made a noise. And then I got scared. Because everything that I ever learned growing up has disappeared in to the land of nothingness. And the only skills that were left behind were how to wear multiple accessories, have themed dinners, and cook large quantities of food.

But Miss Lillian didn't mind a bit. She was patient with me and let me hold her for as long as I wanted to. She even fell asleep....

And I cannot wait to be a part of this sweet little angel's life. And she can call me "Aunt Kim" or "Cousin Kim" or anything else that makes her happy. Because, honestly, I have no idea how we are related. I was taught about my family tree when I went to school in Alabama. And we all know that Alabamians get very confused over family trees and who you can and can't marry.
But that is a story for another time.... Because right now... I'm just happy to be a part of her life!
Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of her nursery. And let me just tell you right now that it is a work of art! So, you better get out a pen and paper and write this name down:
Carrie Morris.
Because she is going to be famous one day and sell her work all over the world. And I will be first in line to buy it.
This day was definitely a highlight in my life.... and I cannot wait to see Miss Lillian again!

Congrats to Angela and Clay... and their families!

3 comments:

  1. I love these pictures of you three with baby Lillian - and you look perfectly at ease (and very well accessorized)! It is such a treat to read your blog and all your excellent adventures! Aunt Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this is the sweetest post I've ever read. You are so kind. It meant so much to me that the three of you came to visit us, especially with everything going on with your family right now. Lillian loved having you hold her, and she asks daily when we are going to visit you and swim in your pool and meet your frog. :) Thanks for the MOST kind words. We feel the same way about you and Kevin. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too sweet! I am so glad that ya'll had the opportunity to meet Miss Lillian! She loved meeting ya'll ( I know, because she told me herself!). Thank you for your super nice comment about my artwork. I would be happy to make something/anything for you! Love you lots, looking forward to more hilarious posts, and hope we get to see each other soon!

    ReplyDelete