1. Kev built our first fireplace fire of the year.....
But we got to try out our new "fireplace backer heat projection thingie" that was apparently made in 1772. And it worked pretty fantastically.
2. We also got to eat our dinner by the fire. A rare treat in our house since food USUALLY gets spilled (by me) - which makes it best to always eat in the kitchen.
Winning is good.
4. I've been (obsessively) trying out new Thanksgiving recipes. Roasted green beans with caramelized shallots was my most recent test.
It definitely made my list of a side dish I would like to celebrate with!
5. I have been a horrible runner lately. Actually, a horrible "anything to do with fitness" person. It seems that not having a goal ( ie; half marathon) has caused me to slack off. That and the fact that my foot and knee have really been bothering me.
With the exception of some spin classes.... my fitness routine has consisted of walking to and from the parking lot at work.
That does not make me very happy.
So, I FORCED myself to run on Saturday.
It wasn't pretty. I WILL be back on track as of tomorrow. I NEED fitness in my life!
6. I am currently roasting these vegetables.....
I'm making stacked vegetable enchiladas for dinner.
GET. IN. MY. BELLY.
7. I still need to tell you all about the AMAZING wedding I attended a week ago.
9. I am in LOVE with this drink...
It is like drinking a coconut cake with happiness on top.
Be prepared to see it a LOT in my future.
10. I can't believe it is already November 13th.
17 days until my ROAD TRIP to Trader Joe's!!
Multiple ice chests will be needed.
And winning the lottery would probably help me out a little, too.