The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Red Hot

The best way to describe my face after a session of spin class in an UNairconditioned room.  ( It was broken last week, too!)

And a better title than what I have been coming up with lately.  Did I really start my last post off with "Chips + Cookbooks + Fitness"? 

Yikes. 

And, most importantly, it was the star of our dinner tonight.

In Baked Buffalo Chicken Pasta.

I got this recipe off of Pinterest and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was one of Jessica's from How Sweet It Is.  She is one of my favorite food bloggers and her recipes never disappoint!

This meal was easy to throw together and will be easy to pack for lunches for the next couple of days.

Or weeks.  It  made an entire 13 x 9. 

I ended up buying two rotisserie chicken breasts ( our Fresh Market sells rotisserie pieces instead of the whole chicken) to keep it simple.  And left out the Gorgonzola cheese ( not sure if Kev would like it).  I also tripled the amount of buffalo sauce because I'm a jerk and I love to see Kev's head sweat when he eats my meals.

A big salad with Ranch dressing would be the perfect match to a plate of this chicken extravaganza.

(Of course, we believe that Ranch dressing is the perfect match to just about anything.)

Along with a handkerchief or three to wipe the sweat off your brow.

Tomorrow is my last day at boot camp.  It has been a very hard but fun month.  Now it is time for a new adventure with another Groupon.

I've also been challenged to complete 500 ab exercises every day - indefinitely.

Ow.

I could only get to 300 today before I threw the towel in.  It looks like I'm going to have to split the 500 between morning and night.

Or lock myself in the attic and hope no one notices.

1 comment:

  1. Kim! Dad and I went to Bonefish Grill this week and I tried the Bang Bang Chicken appetizer! Whew!! I cannot imagine eating "red hot" on a regular basis. You and Kev must have stomachs of steel!! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete