The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Weekend O' Green

Holla for Spring!!

Even though the weather over the past two weeks has been incredible, I'm just so happy that today makes it official!

There is no turning back now.

I complained made the comment to Kev on Sunday that it was SO muggy to which he replied, "At least it is not cold".

His statement required me to put myself in check and lock up "Complainy Complainerson" for life.  After a little bit of a struggle, I am ready to face the heat of Spring and Summer with a huge smile on my face!

One thing that I am most looking forward to is GRILLING and all of the fresh summer foods that will be on the menu.  If it weren't for my obsessive meal planning we would have started our outdoor celebration last weekend - but it looks like April 1st will be our grilling kick off.

I just hope that I don't get fooled.

Speaking of last weekend....

It involved St. Patrick's Day.  Wearing green was about the only thing that we did to participate.  I gave up trying to find Irish foods that Kev would like and decided to go with a neighboring country's specialty - Fish and Chips.

We both absolutely love fish and chips - but eat it as more of a treat and not on a regular basis.   In fact, the last time that we had it was when we were at Universal Studios and ate at The Three Broomsticks. 

That was last October!

I just happened to be perusing Bonefish Grill's menu and discovered that it is one of their specialties.  We have only ever gotten the Bang Bang Shrimp and I really had no idea what else they served. 

An awesome gift card + Bonefish's location ( in between the gym and my place of work) = the perfect meal.

I just didn't know how perfect until I tried a bite!
 It was the best fish and chips we have ever had!!  The tarter sauce was out of this world!  I could have eaten a bowl of it all by myself. 

Except for the fact that I only ordered Kev this meal.  Thankfully he shared a couple of bites.

For dessert, I got him a piece of lemon pound cake.  I was kind of thinking about a "pot of gold" = golden pound cake.  Get it?

                             
 As for my meal... it consisted of GREEN.  In the form of brussel sprouts...
 With a side of a fried egg sandwich.

It was pretty delicious despite what you may think.

The rest of the weekend was spent at work.  I had to work my "real" job both days and then we both worked in the yard.

Spring also means WEEDS!
 And cutting grass.  And picking up the dreaded pine cones.
I know it is hard to tell in the picture, but there were THOUSANDS of pine cones.  THOUSANDS!  I have never wanted the pine trees removed from my yard more than I did on Sunday.

I tried to make it a game.  I tried to make it a workout.  But ultimately my realization of HOW MUCH Kev does EVERY week to keep our home in working order made me just buck up and get the job done.

He is amazing!

And I did get a good workout because of it because I'm crazy sore right now.

We ended our weekend with the season finale of The Walking Dead.  Quite possibly one of my favorite shows of all time.

A very dramatic statement - even for me - but it is true.

I don't know what it is - because you would think that the horrible nightmares and sleepless nights that it causes would have changed my mind. 

I just can't get enough.

Unfortunately, I will have to be patient because the next season doesn't start until October!

If any one had ever told me that a zombie apocalypse would be added to my list of obsessions, I would have probably punched them in the face. 

Or at least pinched them.

Anyway, it was a fun and very productive weekend and just the first of MANY that we will be spending OUTDOORS!!

Happy Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a fun St. Paddy's day!! I got to spend it with Bethany and Teddy at Downtown Disney!! We had fish and chips, too!! And we had shamrock stickers on our faces, wore shamrock necklaces, a shamrock ring, and green outfits! We also listened to five different bands and watched the Irish dancers!! And then I had a good old Irish dessert - caramel apple! I think you can call it Irish on St. Paddy's Day, because it looked gold! Get it? HA! Good times!! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete