The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mercy

I was begging for it on Monday  night.

And wishing that "boot camp" had never been invented.

My trainer, Kelly, is hard core.   She pushes us to our limits and motivates us while keeping it interesting and fun.

Maybe "fun" is not the right word.  But I sure do feel amazing when I am finished. :)

She had us perform "mercies" on Monday night.  Twice.  And told me that it was the only time that she has ever seen me complain. Even though it was just a sigh and a roll of my eyes, it was still a complaint because mercies are no joke.

Weights held high above my head.  Alternating lunges.  Kneeling and standing.  It was ridiculous.

I'm going to miss going to her boot camps once my Groupon is up. 

Speaking of motivating.... I channeled my admiration for Kev's work ethic to get some chores done around the house today.

I pretty much only do chores when:

A.  We have company coming to visit.

and

B.  When Kev is watching.

So, seeing as how family is coming in to town for Easter... I figured I would go ahead and get some things taken care of. 

Like mopping my floors.

Which ended up being a bad idea since I had this salad on the menu for tonight....

Pioneer Woman's Asian Noodle Salad.
With so many vegetables to chop, it was inevitable that the floor would end up a mess.

And it definitely did.

It was totally worth it, though, because the salad was INCREDIBLE!!  I was a little worried that it would taste too "salad like" for Kev's taste... based on the fact that the veggies are not cooked and the salad is cold.

But I was wrong.  Oh my gosh, we loved it!  The dressing is to die for!

And maybe next time I will add in a little shredded chicken for Kev.

I substituted the linguine noodles for buckwheat soba noodles.  Because soba noodles are delicious in everything.  ( And healthy!)

My only caution to you if you chose to make it is that it makes a TON!  And it says it is for six servings....

You can't tell by the picture but that is my biggest bowl that I sometimes use for a punch bowl.  It is huge!

Good thing I love it so much - I will be eating it all week.  With pleasure. 

No need to beg for mercy.



2 comments:

  1. Take a break from boot camp and come walking across Lake Murray dam with dad and me!! We do the 4 mile hike 3x/week from 5-6:30 am!! We get to watch the sun come up on the lake!! We would love to have you join us!! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The salad looks delicious and I can't wait to try it!!! Everything is right up my alley. You workout so hard - I feel like such a slackard for just doing 30-60 minutes of regular exercise each morning :-( I have to admit that you look incredible, so if I want to look like you, I'm going to have to step up my game (I'll still not look like you!! but maybe better than I do now). Love you, Aunt Sandi

    ReplyDelete