The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Working For The Weekend

It has been non-stop this weekend.  Non-stop with work and working out and chores.. and then more work.

Oh.  And also nervously anticipating the day that I ALWAYS get fooled.

By my Mom. 

She gets me every year ( except last year when she took a "break") and there is nothing that I can do to prevent it.

The minute I woke up this morning I started repeating to myself over and over... "Do not believe any thing that your Mother tells you".

She fooled me in the afternoon.  Via text.

I blame the heat.  And the fact that she is just so darn good at coming up with believable ( to me) stories.

Good job, Mom.  Good job.

And just as I foreshadowed in a previous post... I got "fooled" again today and did not get the chance to grill at our house... even though Kev did get to eat food off a grill!

We went over to Kev's parents' house tonight to celebrate Glenn's birthday.  His birthday was this past Thursday - but due to busy schedules, today was the first chance that we were all able to get together. 

It was such a fun evening and an excellent meal.  Kev said the steak was one of the best he has ever had!! It was an inch thick and smelled amazing!

My contribution to the meal was a kale salad.  I loved the mango and kale combination - but wish that I hadn't forgotten to add the seeds.  It was definitely missing some crunch.

It was also the second time this weekend that we have eaten kale. 

Kale chips were on the menu for Saturday night.. along with fish tacos and black bean salad. 
I had originally planned to grill the fish - or at least have Kev grill it - but our propane tanks were empty.

Literally and figuratively.

And it was all I could do to get the meal on the table by 9pm.  ( Which is why the lighting is so bad in the picture!)

Let's just say that our evening was spent building furniture and kickboxing.

It is up to you to figure out who did what.

Our weekends are just too wild and crazy for words.  ( Typed while rolling my eyes.)

Which is why it is good that I am heading to Florida tomorrow for work.  For the week.

It will give Kev a chance to rest up before next weekend..... when we (Kev) will be pulling weeds and repairing the driveway.

The fun never ends around here!

3 comments:

  1. It was so much fun fooling you and Teddy. You were the only two who "fell" for my fool's day foolishness!! Have fun in Florida!! Love, mom
    PS This comment has a good number of words that start with the letter "f". Dr. Seuss would be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meal looks DELISH!! I've never had kale chips - have to try sometime soon. Love you, Aunt Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about the rest of you blog readers, but I am ready for some more "Excellent Adventures" from Kim!! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete