The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I Feel The Need...

The need for seed!

Sunflower + Pepita + Sesame + Chia = My favorite cracker of all time.

That's right - OF ALL TIME.

It is no secret that I love my appetizers - specifically dips and crackers.  Crackers, unfortunately, that just happen to be processed.

And processed is a no-no for at least the next ten days.  And possibly forever.

That's why I proclaimed it my lucky day when I came across this recipe for Endurance Crackers from Angela at Oh She Glows.

And just in time for our Super Bowl Party, too!

I used my zester to grate the onion in to the water.

And then mixed every thing together.  The chia seeds soak up the water and help to create a thick "batter".
I spread the batter out on the parchment paper in the pan...
And put it in the oven to bake.

I used my pizza cutter to cut them in to crackers half way through baking.


And then I tasted them.

And they were delicious!

The perfect accompaniment to hummus or onion dip.

Or any other healthy dip, for that matter.

The other plus is that they are very filling.  Which means it is easy to eat a couple and be satisfied. 

Even for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment