The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner


It was another great day!

For cleaning and cooking and crock pots!

I feel like we are still celebrating Christmas around here.  Every box we open comes with a surprise, a story, a laugh, or a question of why the heck do we have this.

Good times.  I tell ya.  Good times.

We started off our day with a hot breakfast.


 Eggs on Ezekiel bread for me + a grapefruit!
 Kev had asked me in advance for that breakfast... and in fear of it diminishing my supply of eggs... I went out and bought two more dozen.

Two more dozen. ( We already had two dozen in the fridge)  For a recipe that called for TWO eggs.

He noticed it right away and called me out on it.

He knows me too well.

I just can't stand the thought of running out of eggs!!

Right after breakfast, I started on dinner.  It was another crock pot recipe from Real Simple ( Feb 2012).  It was the one featured on the cover..
 Chicken Pot Pie.
 It cooked for eight hours.... while we were being busy bees.  And then just when we finished and got cleaned up... dinner was served.

I only had to cut a sheet of puff pastry and bake the squares for 10 minutes.
 The finished "pie".
 All together now...
I enjoyed another delicious black bean burger with lots of veggies on the side.

Now, Kev has BBQ and chicken pot pie to keep him full over the next couple of days.

And I have no excuse not to get to the gym at night!  I have a 5K coming up in three weeks and I haven't run in forever!  Not to mention that I'm itching to try out my Garmin that I got for Christmas.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your 5K!! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to eat with you all the time - the meals always look so delicious and make me hungry!! Feel free to send me any leftover food you and Kev don't finish off :-) I'm thinking about doing a clense myself - did you give a reference in one of your previous posts? Love you, Sandi

    ReplyDelete