The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Celebrating Continues...

I promise that we do more around here than just celebrate.

Like chores.  And sleeping.

But it just so happens that celebrating is in my blood.  I was raised to celebrate things from losing a tooth to putting your shoes on the right feet. 

It doesn't have to be a big party with gifts and balloons and clowns <= in fact, NEVER use a clown for celebrating!  Unless it is Halloween and you want to ruin every one's fun.

Food is really all you need.

And comfy clothes.

We continued our anniversary weekend with Fish Tacos on Saturday night.  I didn't really have a recipe for them ( even though there are so many online) so we just winged it.

Tilapia and Mahi Mahi were the fishes of choice.  Salt and Peppered and grilled.

I roasted some cabbage....
Sliced, drizzled in olive oil, salt and peppered, on 400 degrees for 30 minutes.

It was my first time doing this - but I got the recipe off of Pinterest and it looked amazing.

Now it seems that I see a new recipe for roasted cabbage every day.  I guess it has become all the rage.

It was DELISH.  But seeing as Kev only used a little on his tacos and is not interested in just eating it by itself - it became a little overwhelming to finish. 

Next time, I will roast half of one.
Kev also grilled some corn so we could use our corn holder thingies that we received for Christmas!
The fish tacos were smothered in hot sauce for added fun.  And I baked a couple of Alexia onion rings on the side.

If you haven't tried Alexia onion rings ( or ANY of their products) then you are missing out tremendously.  They do fried food the healthy way even though they taste anything but healthy.

And then came our final anniversary meal on Sunday...

It knocked my boots off!

Kev had been smoking ribs ALL DAY while I was at work.  He had a little station set up outside and everything.  The minute I got out of my car in the driveway, I could smell them.

Ahhhhhhh.  Meat.  ( Think Homer Simpson)

Kev used some Dinosaur BBQ Wango Tango Habernero sauce mixed with some Peach Chipotle sauce.

THE.RIBS.WERE.FANTASTIC!!



And by fantastic, I mean out of this world! 

I have my very own personal Bobby Flay!!  Score!

He served them with a side of baked sweet potato ( we eat sweet potatoes all the time in all different ways - but it had been a very long time since we had just had one baked with a little butter!)  It was so good.

And then I threw some cabbage on my plate for good measure ( and because I had - and still have- a ton of it!)

The ribs were being eaten so fast that we ( KEV) made a pretty big mess...

Sauce ended up on the tea pitcher.

I'd say that's a good sign that the meal was delicious!

At least that is what I tell myself when I spill food on my clothes, floor, counter on a daily basis.

We really had the best weekend long celebration!  Thank you so much for all the kind comments and well wishes! 

The past 17 years have been AWESOME!

1 comment:

  1. I think everyone should take celebrating as seriously as you do - it would make for a better world and happier people all around. Congratulations again, you are both very special people! Love, Sandi

    ReplyDelete