The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Monday, January 2, 2012

2011

The Year Of Change.

After days of reflecting, that is the only way I can think of to describe it.

There were two types of change.  Good change and necessary change - ( which ended up being good).

My family changed by growing tremendously!  Three babies and two marriages.

I changed my first diaper after 10 years.

I changed  KILLED my PR for my October half marathon.

I stopped taking my health for granted and changed my attitude on the importance of preventative measures.

My "favorite meal of all time" changed to Dinosaur BBQ - which resulted in a week long meat sweat fest.

I changed the way I shopped to save more money.

I changed the way I felt about cilantro!  <= LOVE!

Some days I felt like I was going through the change.

I changed my body by pushing myself and learning new types of fitness.

Oh.  And I changed jobs.  After eight plus years.  It was one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make.

That change reiterated to me how supportive and awesome my friends and family are.

I couldn't have done it without them!

Ultimately, it was a FANTASTIC year!  A year that left my heart SO full and thankful and looking forward to what 2012 has in store for us.

It is going to be a GREAT one!

As far as how we spent our New Year's Eve...

It was calm and quiet and just the two of us.

Just the two of us with enough party food to feed an army....

Because we don't know how to celebrate any other way. 

Cheese and crackers....
Dill Havarti and Chipotle Colby.  With French baguette toasts and...

Cranberry and hazelnut crackers.  They were very good but didn't really pair up with anything I was serving. 

I think they would be great with a green salad or chicken salad.

Buffalo Chicken Wontons... YES PLEASE!


I've decided that every day should include a wonton.  Because they are just that good - no matter what is inside.

And luckily, Kev has become the wonton cooking champ.

I stuffed them with rotisserie chicken, hot wing sauce, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, and salt and pepper.

We dipped them in spicy Ranch dressing.

They are just as good cold as they are hot.

Mushroom risotto pastries..
Wow.  Delish!  Obviously, I didn't make them but purchased them from The Fresh Market.  If you love mushrooms then these will be your next true love!

And filet on top of horseradish + green onion + cream cheese on top of a toast point.


We had other foods planned... like cheese fondue with all sorts of things to dip in it... but honestly, there is only so much that two people can eat.  So, we will save it for another day.

Or maybe another New Year's Eve... because, right now, I am only seeing green in my future.

It has been a pretty delectable holiday season if you know what I mean.

After dinner, we watched Dick Clark's Rocking New Year's Eve... and braced ourselves for the midnight fireworks extravaganza that was about to take place in our neighborhood.

And extravaganza it was! I stood in the front yard and witnessed an entire sky lit up with celebration. 
It was glorious!  And a fitting farewell to The Year of Change.

Happy 2012!!  We wish you all the very best!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment