The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Favorite Things

FROG RESCUES.


True story. Kev rescued a frog. And his bravery and kindness made me fall in love with him all over again.


Even though it was my idea to rescue him. From the pool water.


His name is Froggles. This is not the same Froggles that used to live in our swampy pool a couple of years ago. However, frog names are hard to come up with. Give me a break!


We were introduced to him a week ago. I was walking past my kitchen window and saw him happily hopping around. Looking for a mate.


Animals seem to fall in love in our backyard. It must be something in the bird seed.



I waved. Welcomed him. And went on about my business.



Until last night....



Kev told me that Froggles was sitting on the top step of the pool and he was worried that he was going to jump in.


You see... even though a frog probably loves water. The chlorine would do a number on him.

Like 5 or 6.

And if you get that joke. Good for you. Because I don't know why people say "do a number" on something. It makes no sense. And does not scare me one bit.

However, what I mean to say is that poor Froggles would not appreciate all of that chlorine. And Kev would be cleaning frog out of the pool skimmer.

So, I came up with the idea to rescue him. Except for I could not remember how to pick up a frog with my bare hands without screaming and dropping him on the concrete.

Plus I don't like warts.

Since my sister's kids were no where to be found. Kev came up with the idea to scoop cardboard under his bum and gently help him out. Except for it is midnight. And we are in our pjs. And our neighbors are probably sleeping and dreaming away about all the great deals they are going to get at the flea market in the morning. And would not appreciate me screaming at the top of lungs when the frog jumps up in my face.

I'm a very nervous and jumpy person. It is a result of my caffeine addiction.

And fear of frogs jumping in my face.

So, after one try of me stretching my arm out as far as it would go. And Froggles hopping away from me.... closer to the edge.... Kev came out and took over. And in a matter of seconds Froggles was happily hopping away back to the grass. Thankful for another day. Not that he actually said that... but I'm pretty sure I saw him look over at us and wink.

And now that I've done a little research on frogs. I realize that Froggles was actually a toad. And it is even harder to come up with a nickname for a toad. Which is why I hope we never meet again.


WICKLES.



Ignore the blurry, poorly taken picture. It doesn't do these delightful treats justice.



Have you ever heard of them? They are the best pickles you will ever eat. Ever.



I discovered them at Vera's Veranda in Lexington. It is my favorite place to go for lunch.

On the plate... they just look like a regular old pickle. A pickle that you may or may not eat depending on how much room you have left in your stomach.

But that name.... Wickles. It just makes me so happy to say it. And for that reason, I had to see what it tasted like. And I've been hooked on them ever since.

These pickles have some kick to them. And by kick... I mean the strong flavor of them goes all up in your sinuses and makes you scream "howdy". At the top of your lungs.

And then Vera makes you eat outside.

I like eating outside.

So, I assumed that they were a special treat made especially for this amazing lunch spot/gift shop. And I would go there specifically to get them.

Until I found them at Publix. And not only do they have the Wickles Pickles. But they have banana peppers, relish, and jalapeno peppers.

And my life just became complete.

Kev loves them just as much.... if not more. He is a pickle eating fool.

He added this great discovery to his list. His list titled "Reasons I married Kim". Just in case he needs to remind himself. And it just so happens that "Discovery of the most delicious pickles ever" made it to the top.

I'm pretty sure that means that I secured myself another year.



P.F. CHANGS.



You are lucky. You get two food places/items this week.



Because I am hungry.


Always.

This place was another great discovery of mine as we have not always been fans of Asian cooking.

I went there once on business. And had the most delightful shrimp fried rice that I've ever had.

This place is classy. Which means it is cat free. Which gave me the encouragement to try some other dishes. Which made me fall in love with the place.

After trying multiple dishes off of the menu. On multiple visits. I decided to bring some home for dinner. Unfortunately, we do not have this delightful restaurant in Columbia. So, it has to sit in the car for at least an hour if not more before it is served to Kev. And he still loves it. Even when it is lukewarm and smells like my car.

And we have been some Asian food eating maniacs ever since.

After all... my name is Kim.

1 comment:

  1. you forgot to mention that wickles make you cough uncontrollably & it embarrasses me!!

    ReplyDelete