The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Saturday, July 11, 2009

I DID NOT... Never... Forget Father's Day!

Father's Day. June 21, 2009.

We ate too much. We laughed too much.

We celebrated our Dads.

Too much!

I kid. I kid. Too much.

It is in my genes. I got it from my Dad.

You can never celebrate your Dad too much.

Father's Day was the day after we got back from the beach. And my original plan was to post all of my stories from the beach BEFORE I posted about anything else.

And I planned to post all of my stories within the week. Of returning from the beach.

Have you ever heard the saying...." Plan ahead... and God laughs"

Think about it. It is true. You never know what the next day holds.

Either that... or I am horrible at following through on my plans.

I like to blame others for my shortcomings.

It makes me feel better about myself.

Anyhoo... the point of this post is about Dads. Which I am not one. So, I should NOT be typing anything about me. Even if I am starved for attention.

Except for I was the reason that this man became a Dad. I am his first born. The reason for his gray hair. The reason he wears ear plugs when I am talking out loud in the room.

I say things to embarrass him sometimes.

Girly things.

Like unicorns, glitter, and pink.

At least that is what he wishes I would say.

It is the burden of having five daughters.

Inappropriate conversations.

My Dad also goes by another name. Gran.

He is a Grandfather to five children. A Dad to six children.

And a Father-in-Law to three children.

I mean adult men.

And we all love him VERY much!

We celebrated him with a cookout at my parent's house. My Dad grilled up some delicious steak, chicken, and shrimp kebabs. Mom made some fabulous sides.

And I made him a card. With an old picture of Shannon and me scream crying on Father's Day. I'm sure for no reason. Maybe our bonnets were too tight. I wish I could share the hilarious picture with you. But I don't know how. Which is why my Dad is re-creating our faces in this picture.....

Scream crying actually looks pretty funny if I do say so myself.
We were also able to go to dinner with Kev's Dad that evening. It was a very eventful evening at the "coolest" hangout in Lexington. Fatz Cafe.
Let's just say that SOMEBODY's strap broke on their dress. And SOMEBODY wasn't wearing a bra. And SOMEBODY has NO business going out in public.
Especially on Father's Day. With a broken dress strap.
The dress is now laying on the floor of my closet because of it's unworthiness to hang with my other belongings.
And how in the world did a post about Father's Day seem to get back to me/myself/and I again.
I need help.
..................................................................................................................................................................

We love you Dad and Glenn! Happy Dad's Day!


"Anyone can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad"

No comments:

Post a Comment