The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Day Before the Beach.....

It is the day before we leave for the beach. The beach trip that I have been anticipating for months. The opportunity for us to all be together again. In the same house. Like when we were kids.



And then it hits me THAT. I. HAVE. SO. MUCH. TO. DO. and I only have a day to do it in.



I am known for my trip planning. I obsess over it for months in advance. This obsession usually involves buying a notebook where I keep lists, ideas, recipes, plans, and outfits. Two outfits for each day with coordinating shoes. This is real folks... I wouldn't make things up. Usually.



But this trip is another story. I covered the basics during the planning. I bought my notebook. I made a list of some things we would need. And then I worked and worked and worked and before I knew it the trip was here. And all I had going for me was a swollen- jalapeno- juice -burned hand and a couple of recipes that I wanted to make.



So I started to panic.



But then Kev waved some cheese under my nose. And fixed me a glass of tea. And told me to get out of the bird bath. And helped me come up with a plan.

And the entire rest of the day was dedicated to prepping and packing for the perfect beach trip.

After all of the errands, grocery shopping, and laundry... the fun stuff began.

Baking.

I hope everyone brings elastic waisted pants.

I made this pie.....


A peanut butter cream pie. What? A PEANUT BUTTER CREAM PIE! I couldn't have made this up in my wildest thoughts. I think I'm in love. I licked the spatula. Passed out. Got up and jumped in. Swam around for an hour. And then begged for mercy.

I LOVE peanut butter. Especially in pies.

The recipe is a true winner from The Pioneer Woman website. I am insisting that you make this. To ensure your happiness.

And then I made this cake.........


What on earth could cause a woman to create such delectable desserts? I'm speaking of The Pioneer Woman again. And this recipe is called "The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake Ever". And it is. If you don't pass out from sugar shock. It is one fudgy delight. I loved it so much that I let it sleep in the bed next to me while I took a nap. A nap that I had no business taking since I had so much to do.

And then I made this coffee cake.....

It is a peach coffee cake with cinnamon streusel topping. I got this recipe from the latest Southern Living magazine. The only good thing that came out of my trip to Tampa. Fresh peaches, cake, cinnamon = YUM.

And then I had to add to my three page to-do list...... CLEAN THE KITCHEN!

And then I began packing......

This was just my stuff and the food. Kev had a whole other pile started in another room. He kept reminding me that we were only taking ONE car. His truck. But I had measured the back of his truck. And it is pretty big. So, I kept adding to my pile. Because you never know when you are going to need cowboy boots, a collection of jean jackets, and a large purple tub to safely transport small children in the back of your truck.
Not that I would ever do that. Transport children in a large purple tub. Unless they were being loud. Or if they smelled.

And here is another picture of how much I was taking to the beach..... just so I can emphasize how nonsensical I am.....


And the day was only half over.
We are leaving tomorrow morning. And I am SO looking forward to all of the incredible memories we will create....
I am not sure of the internet situation there.... but I will do everything that I can to keep you updated on the happenings of the Switzer family beach trip. And just because you keep begging me.... I will give you EVERY detail of EVERY DAY. That is 8 posts coming your way.
Actually no one really begged me... or asked for that matter. But I'm sure you wanted to.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment