The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Birthday With Cheese

Over the past couple of days I've managed to...

1.  Get a miserable head cold.

2.  Not work out.  ( See #1)

3.  Not decorate for Christmas.  ( See #1)

4.  Eat an unnecessary amount of cookie dough ice cream with crunchy peanut butter mixed in.  ( Hoping to cure #1)

And the worst thing of all...

5.  Become addicted to Pinterest.

Why oh why did I ever sign up for it?  I thought that if I just signed up and got it over with, I could prove to myself that there was no reason to get addicted to it.

I am weak.

I have no time in my life for Pinterest... and yet I somehow feel that it is going to help me plan my meals better, decorate better, celebrate better, and plan my dream wedding. 

(Yes, I realize I'm already married ( almost 17 years!) but I just so happen to love wedding details)


Anyway, this post is not supposed to be about what I didn't do... but what I did do. 

And that was eat.

A lot.

It was my birthday week, after all.

On my actual birthday, we celebrated with cheese.

And it wasn't in moderation.

Appetizers:  Chipotle Gouda + Trader Joe's whole wheat sesame crackers.

And Crazy Bread!! Just like last year.  Kev managing a Little Caesar's Pizza in his early twenties has really come in handy for us.  He makes the BEST crazy bread and it is BETTER than the real thing!

Whole Foods pizza dough rolled out and baked.  Then brushed with melted butter + garlic + salt.  And sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.

And the main event..... Potato + Leek + Fresh mozzarella pizza!

The potatoes are very thinly sliced ( in the food processor) and then placed on the dough overlapping each other in place of the sauce.

Add fresh mozz and caramelized leeks and bake.

Then add some flav-a!

Flower Pepper from Trader Joe's!  Holla!

This stuff really packs a punch.  And it has flower petals in it!  <= I don't know why but they sure are pretty!

It was a great end to a great day! 

Even if I am going to be on grocery shopping ( and cheese!)  restriction for the next six months.



No comments:

Post a Comment