The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Field Trip

Fueled by pumpkin pancakes...


A big scoop of pure pumpkin + buckwheat pancake mix = a good idea.

But that was all it was. 

Frankly, the pancakes tasted WAY too "buckwheaty" and the cakes were thick, dry, disks that needed a lot of water to force them down.

Kev claimed that they weren't THAT bad as he covered his in pure maple syrup.

But then again, we were about to head out to the biggest furniture amusement park of our dreams and he was probably too excited to eat.

I covered mine in two over-easy eggs...
And reminded myself it was healthy.

Less than two hours later we arrived in Charlotte and at our destination.
IKEA.

Don't let the picture fool you - the building is bigger than this.  Twice as big.  My camera lens was defeated when trying to capture the entire place.

As I mentioned last week, we are in the midst of a house reorganization.  Starting with the attic. 

It is time to de-clutter, re-vamp, and label.

Ahhh.  Doesn't that sound amazing.

I had stopped in to IKEA when I flew home from Syracuse.  It hasn't been opened in Charlotte for that long and I had heard stories.  Lots and lots of stories.

They were all correct.  It is overwhelming and affordable and overwhelming and magical and just the perfect place for us to start with our re-do.
We spent about five hours there.  FIVE.  Including taking a lunch break in their cafeteria (yes, they have one PLUS a smaller cafe) for roasted red pepper and mozzarella paninis and buffalo chicken wraps.

We measured and discussed and planned and dreamed and lifted and loaded...

And came home with this...
The only drawback ( so far) is that you have to put every thing together yourself.  Thank goodness that I have a handy dandy tool wielding husband.  And I'm a pretty good sidekick if I say so myself.

As long as there is not a lot of reading to do. 

Luckily there wasn't.  Because these were the directions...
( sorry - can't get the picture to turn)

The directions taught us what tools we needed.  That we needed two people to do it.  And that hopefully we had a phone line that connected directly to IKEA.  In Charlotte. 

That sure is one heck of a phone line.

There actually were more directions than that.  But just pictures.  No words.  We got it though.  In pretty good time. 

And with no mistakes.
And it is going to be perfect in our closet.  I haven't had a dresser in YEARS and YEARS.  I'm so excited!  Good bye rubbermaid tubs!

And now we just have eleventy billion more to go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment