The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Grand Floridian Spa

This is how we spent the rest of the morning.....


In style. In our crisp white robes. Being treated like princesses. And I will never be the same.



It all started with our arrival to the club. Just a short walk from the main hotel where we stuffed ourselves with breakfast foods. ( Mmmmm. Waffles)




Now, I have only been to a spa one other time. About five years ago. I won a $150 gift certificate. And I used it to get a pedicure, manicure, facial, and a wax. I won't go in to detail where I got the wax.... but let's just say that I walked with a limp for a week.




So, other than that... with the exception of a couple of "quickie" pedicures in walk-in nail joints.... I pretty much keep up with myself. Clearly this does NOT work for me as my feet were in DESPERATE need of some TLC.


My issue is this: I have trouble accepting help from others. Meaning I don't like people waiting on me or doing things for me. It makes me feel awkward. And some times unworthy. And I realize I'm probably not making much sense right now.... but that is just how I am. Kev gets it. If you ever meet him... ask him to explain.


It probably has a little to do with working in the service industry for as long as I have.
And a lot to do with the fact that I'm insanely crazy.


Anyway, my point is this. Some times I just need to relax and enjoy myself. And so I did.


This place was SO relaxing and soothing. And the perfect way to unwind.


We made some hot tea. Put on our swim suits. And chilled out in the whirlpool area until our appointments began....




Mom and Bethany had scheduled massages. I, again, have an issue with laying naked on a table while some one touches my parts.


Unless it is Bret Michaels. Of course.


So, I chose to listen to the soothing music. Drank several more cups of tea. And read magazines. It was PERFECT. And made me feel like one of the Desperate Housewives of the OC.


After Mom and Bethany returned all disheveled with googly eyes... we went to our pedicures together.



As this picture shows... I am EXTREMELY ticklish. Bethany is too but did not behave as obnoxiously as me. For once. So, I not only had to apologize for the state of my feet... but for my constant squirming, squealing, and digging of my fingers in to the seat.


Then we were wrapped in aluminum foil and warm towels.


It made me crave burritos.


We had our legs scrubbed. Lotioned. And massaged.


The ladies were incredible. And so friendly. And funny.


And I believe I drank two more cups of tea while this was being done.


If I could have a constant I.V. of caffeine running through my veins... I would. And the people around me would be thankful.


It was finally time to get our toes painted. I usually go with a French manicure or something neutral. BUT IT WAS GIRL'S WEEKEND! And so I went with Watermelon. As did Bethany. My Mom went with Macks... which was a beautiful deep red.


The results...


Full of happiness. Relaxation. Giggles. Smiles. And ready for our next adventure...


We bid the AMAZING Grand Floridian Spa adieu. ( that is "goodbye" in Sound of Music speak)



And headed to The Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot.

No comments:

Post a Comment