The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Thursday, June 3, 2010

GIRL'S WEEKEND (Plus Dad)

THE DATE: May 14-16

THE PLACE: Walt Disney World

THE OCCASION: Bethany's Birthday

THE EXPECTATION: To have as much fun as humanly possible.

And let me just tell you. WE DID.

This weekend blew away my expectations. I laughed. I cried. I laughed even more. I learned things. I bonded. I danced ( IN PUBLIC). I made memories. I laughed so hard that milk shot out of my nose - and I didn't even have any to drink. I loved. I ate amazing food. I tried new things.

And my heart grew five times bigger this weekend. For many reasons. One of them because I drank WAY too much caffeine.

And now for the recap.....

The weekend started with me getting a new car. Not by choice but by force. Something about Kev not wanting me to drive a car all the way to Orlando that had an issue with stopping on it's own. And breaking down at inopportune times.

He is so overprotective. And smart. And he chose an excellent replacement. And we pretty much picked up the car at the last possible second before I needed to leave. In fact, I had to return it when I got back so they could install the leather seats. ( Cloth seats + large glasses of tea + Kim's driving = STAINS GALORE)

So here I am. BRAND NEW car. On a road trip. And within 30 minutes - we were madly in love. I truly LOVE every single thing about it. Except for that it cannot fit in to my bed to sleep with me at night.

I named her Lucy.

Now in addition to the smooth ride, comfort, and fun buttons ( I literally push a button to start the car. No key. 2010 has officially become better than the 80's) Lucy has an AMAZING stereo system. Kev was excited about it. As usual. But also, as usual, I could care less about stereos, speakers, quality and size. It all sounds the same to me. As long as I can sing and shake my money maker ( unfortunately, I don't make that much money)... then I am good.

But this system. IT.IS.LIKE.YOU.ARE.AT.A.CONCERT. It is intense. If you want it to be.

And I did.

What made the trip even more incredible was this....


Kev filled an IPOD with some amazing tunes for me. Kind of like a mixed tape for 2010. There is nothing sweeter and more romantic and special. Especially when you turn it on and the first song is ACDC "Hells Bells".

True Love.. I tell ya.

And I don't think I have ever rocked so hard on a road trip. At one point I even threw my bra up on the dashboard while listening to Guns N Roses.

My car was vibrating. I was singing so loudly. I was making hand motions ?? And then I called Kev to tell him how awesome it was. And I said "I have tinted windows.. right?" And he said "Not yet!".

So, to anyone who was watching my concert on wheels. YOU ARE WELCOME!

I arrived in pretty decent time. Considering that Mapquest is so good at directions. NOT. My Dad had to talk me through the last little bit.

And speaking of my Dad. I just want to make it very clear that even though this was a girl's weekend. He is a necessity to have around at all times. For things like directions. Transportation. AND 24/7 entertainment.

We couldn't have done it without him.

So, I arrived. We squealed. Hugged. And declared this the best weekend ever. And then went to dinner.

At "that tomato place"....


Only one of the best and most fun places to eat. It is a salad bar, soup bar, pizza bar, pasta bar, and dessert bar. All rolled in to one.

Switzer family + Buffet = YES PLEASE!

It was delish!

The night was still young.... so we headed back to the house for shenanigans and swimming. Oh.. and a birthday party for Bethany.

It was princess themed. OF COURSE.

This is me showing off my mustache...


And this is a picture I captured of the synchronized swimming performance. Performed in a hot tub.

We spent the evening in the hot tub ( except for I was in the pool... I'm too hot natured for hot water) singing, playing charades, and performing skits.

Yes, all of that can be done in the water. And it is extremely entertaining.

Especially when Bethany was trying to act out... Raggedy Ann. Which was very difficult. And took an hour to guess. Even though she kept doing it over and over and over and over.

We would have survived just fine in The Little House on the Prairie. We don't need any new fangled entertainment devices. Like TV. Because we are our own entertainment.

And to the neighbors (living in the house behind us )that were out on the back porch. YOU ARE WELCOME.... too.

Up Next... Disney Day TWO. A Surprise Birthday Breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Kim, you are hilarious! I love hearing you describe events in your life. I'm so excited about your new car, and Lillian and I both think it needs to meet the beach. :) Sounds like your first night was so fun, and I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. Love you!

    ReplyDelete