The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Eat Mor Chikin

At least that is what the cows say.



The cows that work at Chick-Fil-A.



Does any one else think that cows working at a fast food joint is weird?



Except for Chick-Fil-A is not a fast food joint in my book. The book that says fine dining is a place that:



1. Has Diet Dr. Pepper ( it is harder to find than you think).



2. Has free refills on Diet Dr. Pepper.



3. Is fast, courteous, efficient, and delicious.



4. Has a FULL BLOWN scrumptious menu. A menu that I have eaten and loved every single thing off of. ( at most places - I usually only like one thing on the menu and that is the ONLY thing I ever order ie: McDonalds chicken nuggets, Sonic burger with mayo, Bojangles cajun fillet biscuit, and Taco Bell. Except for I can and usually eat every thing off of their menu at one time. Their portions are small - you know. I can't help it.)

( But I can help how long my sentence "in parenthesis" statement ends up being. I just choose not to)



5. Am I really typing all the reasons I love Chick-Fil-A. I sound like some kind of fast food junkie. And that might be grounds for rehab.



6. They give you sunflower seeds for your salad.



7. They say "my pleasure" when you thank them for your food. Try saying that without smiling. It's impossible.



8. CHICK-FIL-A SAUCE. Enough said.



9. Some body needs to call 911. I've taken this too far.



Moving on....



On Monday, June 7th, Chick-fil-a launched it's NEW SPICY CHICKEN SANDWICH.



That is what I call an event. And events should be treated with respect. With the right clothing, the right attitude, and the perfect amount of enthusiasm in conversation that a proper Southern girl is allowed.



Except... I ain't proper.



So, we went all out. We being ME and CHELSEA G. My friend from work.



We had been anticipating this sandwich for a long time. So, we chose ( I forced her with threatening texts) to dress in black and white ( like cows) to commemorate this incredible day.

Now I LOVE me some spicy foods. Just LOVE them! And I go out of my way to try things that may or may not burn the lining of my stomach. So, when I saw this....



I knew I was about to get a party in my mouth. And my belly.

I was frenzied with excitement.

Thank goodness that Chick-fil-A is right around the corner from my store. I don't think I could have walked any farther with the spicy sandwich in my hand without losing my composure and lady like appearance.

( My heart is beating so fast just thinking about it)

Back at the office...



And yes, this lunch required THREE chick-fil-a sauces. You have to dip your sandwich as well as your fries. It's a rule.
Chelsea chose Ranch for her dipping pleasure. And said it was just as good.
Taking the FIRST bite....

And she gives it a thumbs up...


And then falls madly in love with it....

And then the moment we have ALL been waiting for.....
MY TURN...


And OH.MY.WORD! Did I ever love this sandwich! It was every thing I had been anticipating and more. And it was so hard to eat it because I was giggling with delight the entire time.
It's the little things that bring me such pleasure.
Except for spanx and spicy foods are not really the best of friends when you have a little something called reflux.
Oh.. and keep in mind that SOME people ( Kev) get tired of hearing about the sandwich over and over and over and over and may or may not have mentioned something about "sticking it in a place where the sun don't shine".
If you hide the spicy chicken sandwich in the shade... I will still find it.
So, the moral of this story is:
1. Go to Chick-Fil-A.
2. Don't wear spanx if you want to live a happy life.
3. Make sure you get enough dipping sauce to counteract the spiciness.
4. Having fun is ALWAYS #1 on my "to-do" list.
5. Don't talk about the sandwich in front of Kev.
6. Eat Mor Chikin.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post! I feel very passionately about the spicy chicken sandwich as well. It's pretty much my favorite thing ever and I know Laura is totally jealous she hasn't gotten one yet....but soon.... :)

    ReplyDelete