The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Friday, April 30, 2010

Bridesmaid's Luncheon

I am always in the market for a new restaurant. Specifically one that caters to more of a "ladies" atmosphere and specializes in lunch. And incredible desserts. I had been hearing about Nonnah's for a while now - so you can only imagine my DELIGHT when I was invited to Laura's Bridesmaids Luncheon on Friday, April 9th.






First of all... it was EXTREMELY generous to be included in such a special treat considering that #1 I was not a bridesmaid and #2 DAVE HAS FIVE SISTERS. If I was throwing a party and found out that I had to invite five more people because Dave was dealt a bad hand of growing up with too many ladies.... I think I would throw the party secretly and hope that the sisters did not find out.





Second of all .... IT WAS AT NONNAH's! I could check that restaurant off my list.





Third of all.... This was the FIRST official Ladies' Luncheon that was people other than just family. Which means I had to be proper. And wear pearls. And concentrate on not spilling any thing on my clothes.





It was hard work - but it was worth it.





And I may or may not have looked the menu up online and started drooling over the selection. I like to know what there is to offer before I show up at a place. It helps with my anxiety on what to order.





The luncheon was at 11am. They had reserved a room especially for us. It is just as I had imagined.... PERFECT.





We were served mimosas upon entering. And then treated to our choice of chicken salad ( MY ALL TIME FAVORITE) or quiche. Then we received pasta salad and fruit.





Here is the bride with her bridesmaids....




Laura's Relatives including her Aunt Diane ( on left side of table with pink cardigan) who hosted this incredible experience. She is such a wonderful person!! and I really enjoyed getting to know her over the last couple of months.



My family - my Mom, sisters, and my niece Ashlynn. We had the pleasure of sitting with Laura's sweet Grandmothers. However, I'm not sure if it was a pleasure for them. We can be pretty rowdy even in delicate situations.








And then the dessert..... Raspberry Almond layered cake.....




Now I could seriously eat at Nonnah's daily and never get tired of all the incredible desserts they have to offer. I mean there are some true works of art in their dessert case - believe me because my fingerprints and breath stains were all over the front.




This was no exception. It is something that I have never tried before - raspberry and almond. But I LOVE them both separately so why wouldn't they be a good mix. The cake was decadent and scrumptious and beautiful. It made me feel like a queen to be able to eat it.





This was a tea party to trump all tea parties. And I can't wait to visit again.




And thanks so much to Diane for hosting this wonderful experience!!


No comments:

Post a Comment