The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Perfect Day - Part Two

I originally had NO plans for my birthday dinner. All I knew was that I didn't want to cook a big meal and I didn't want take-out.

And to be honest... I thought my hike would take up the majority of my day and had no idea when I would be home.

But due to a change of plans, I found myself coming up with a GREAT idea once I saw what Whole Foods had to offer me.

Homemade pizzas.

It doesn't get any better than that.

Not only is pizza my favorite food of all time. BUT when I was a kid, my Mom used to throw me slumber party birthdays where "make your own pizza" was the theme of the meal. And you bet your bottom dollar that it was delightful!

So, I decided to recreate the party. With just me and Kev.

And luckily, he was just as excited about it as I was. He used to make pizzas for a living, you know.

You see, I have read stories for about a year now that said how Whole Foods has the BEST pizza dough. THE BEST! And they not only have regular - they have whole wheat.

And I found it right away. Along with fresh mozzarella balls, organic green peppers, onions..


Organic tomatoes....


And freshly cut organic pepperoni. Along with organic pizza sauce.
Oh, and mushrooms. Gourmet mushrooms.
And I am telling you now that it was the BEST pizza ever!! So amazing!! Kev meticulously stretched out and tossed the dough. And then we each chose toppings for our pizza and created away.
It was SO.MUCH.FUN!
Just like old times. When I was a little (er... young) girl.
And these pics just don't do the pizzas justice....




We ate on these babies for THREE days. And every single time I giggled with happiness.
And my only regret is that I didn't buy more pizza dough. But I don't think it would be the same if I froze it... so, I will just have to wait until my next trip to Greenville. Which will hopefully be soon!
And then for dessert, we snacked on the most incredible treats EVER! ( And if you couldn't tell by now... I'm COMPLETELY obsessed with my new favorite stores. And yes, I am COMPLETELY obsessed with (good) food!!)
Sea Salt Caramels covered in dark chocolate. And a caramelized nut trio.....

I felt as if the wool over my eyes has been lifted to a new way of eating. And I've completely RE-discovered chocolate and how much I love it in DARK. With salt. And caramel. These tasty delights had ROCKS of salt on the top. I cannot even tell you with words how delicious these are. I would have to show you with hand gestures and facial expressions. They are just that good. And then there are the nuts.... I've always been a fan. But when they are organic and covered in cinnamon and sea salt, it just makes me even that much happier.
And for the record... I am happy to say that I have learned to eat in moderation. ( with the exception of Thanksgiving) I am happy with a bite of a treat. Or just two little pieces of chocolate... and then I am DONE.
And I'm sure that every one around me appreciates that! Especially my new skinny jeans!

1 comment:

  1. I totally have this image of your oogling over Kevin while he's tossing your picture. Please tell me that you didn't fashion him a rat tail from your bathroom hairballs and make him wear one of your earrings.

    ReplyDelete