The Excellent Adventures of Kim and Kev

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Living It Up At The Fairfield Inn

I feel so wild and crazy. More than normal. And I'm almost afraid to tell you how out of control I get when I am all alone.

The key word is "almost". Because I feel the need to tell you every thing and there is no reason why I would hold back on this.

I'm out of town for work. For the week. And as much as I miss my sweet Kev - who happens to be at home all alone nursing himself back to health after oral surgery- I feel like a teenager or maybe more like a middle aged person all over again.

Don't get me wrong. I'm working super hard. And a lot. But tonight for supper... I got a bowl of freshly made guacamole and chips. That's it. One of my most favorite treats in the world.

And not only did I just get dip and chips for supper. But I'm eating it in THE BED. The one I'm not sleeping in, of course. But do you know how long it has been since I have been able to eat in the bed. I feel so naughty. And also realize why Kev doesn't think it is a good idea. Good thing I'm not sleeping in this one. It looks like a gang of wild dogs got a hold of an avocado and fritos.

And then there is the remote. The precious remote. Of which I usually only get to hold during the day. If I happen to be home alone. But tonight - and every night this week - I get free reign over this amazing controller of my happiness. Flipping back and forth between BRAVO, TLC, The Food Network, and possibly a little MTV. It is like heaven on Earth.

So, please forgive me if I do not catch up on my blogging as originally promised. Or if I don't go through my coupons and plan out next week's shopping.

It's Kim's time. And I plan to make the most of it.

Now, if I can just get Kev to travel here to bring me a better electronic set up. I never realized how spoiled he has made me. With the HD and the flat screen and the surround sound. Top Chef is not the same without the crashing around of dishes behind my head.

I may go ultra crazy and not even brush my teeth tonight.

It's how "all alone Kim" rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment